• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Need some advice regarding an old debt!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some advice regarding an old debt!!

Hi warwick65, thanks for your reply. On that note I'll sit tight

Comment

Hi Guys, just I give you update!! Got a letter from the solicitors with a notice of discontinuance. What does this mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by abundancexx View Post
        Hi Guys, just I give you update!! Got a letter from the solicitors with a notice of discontinuance. What does this mean ?
        They have given up on the Claim thats what it means in a nutshell although id check with the Court to make suere its been lodged there too
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Got a letter from the solicitors with a notice of discontinuance. What does this mean ?

It means that's the end of the matter since you've already filed your Defence.

If the Claimant wants to re-issue they would have to apply to the court for permission which they're unlikely to get if the facts are the same or substantially the same as the original claim and that also includes any legal arguments which you raised in your Defence even if they were not referred to in the POC.

Well Done You for holding your nerve and I bet you're glad you didn't make an application to strike out their claim which is always a risk.

Di

Comment

Thank you for your reply and for all your help, I will check with the courts

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Diana, I'm over the moon. Thank you for all your help and advice

Comment

WOOOHOOOO !!! ( as others said though check with court before popping the champagne but it's sounding very likely that's that - CONGRATS )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Diana, I'm over the moon. Thank you for all your help and advice
                'Over the moon' is a good place to be.

Like I said earlier on your thread it's often a case of the first to blink. In this case the solicitors (or rather their client) blinked first

I'm happy for you.

Di

Comment

Re: ** DISCONTINUED ** Need some advice regarding an old debt!!

Thank you Diana x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X