• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form

Originally posted by MessedAbout0803 View Post
    Okay that's brilliant, thanks very much for all your help!

So if I hear nothing from them, then I don't have to submit the defense form?
    From where did you get that idea?

Do I definitely need to send the SAR request? As I have no idea of the mobile number of the contract or any of the details at all. All I know it that was taken out in 2011, no idea what month or how long for?
    You don't have to send the SAR, but it could provide a wealth of information.
    Or possibly no information of any import, which could prove equally valuable.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Okay thank you, it's just I don't have any information that it asks for so I don't think I am able to unfortunately.

Also, I just read this on here too, is this correct?

"A CCA only applies to accounts regulated by the CCA, so excludes overdrafts, mobile contracts, utility bills, etc. and there is no duty to respond if the account is closed with no outstanding balance or if judgment has been obtained."

Comment

An example of a Telefonica CCA-regulated agreement.
        http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/term...02-11-2016.pdf
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you, that's great!

And from

"So if I hear nothing from them, then I don't have to submit the defense form?
          From where did you get that idea?"

I mean when you said
          "& if the Claimant/sols run true to form, you will receive virtually nothing back from the CCA/CPR requests.
          & if so, that fact will be probably your defence."

If I hear nothing back from them, what do I do next? About the defense claim form?

Comment

Sorry I am constantly asking questions, I just want to make sure I am doing the correct thing.

So my next step would to send a CCA to Lowell and a CPR to the courts and wait for them to respond before I do anything else?

Comment

There are two Addresses for Lowell, one for the "claimant" and then another address that says "Address for sending documents and payments (if different)

Which address should I send the CCA to please?

Thanks again

Comment

There is no good reason as to why 02 Telefonica could not respond to a SAR.

In your Post #7 you give the particulars of the claim with the agreement/ account number........1) The Defendant entered into an agreement with 02 (UK) Ltd under account reference xxxxxxxxxx ('the Agreement')

If that is the agreement number then that is all you require along with your/partners addresses for the past six years.

Last edited by jon34; 16th June 2017, 15:18:PM. Reason: shows account number

Comment

Thank you, I will do that! I thought I needed the mobile number of the contract etc.

Comment

Thank you, I will do that! I thought I needed the mobile number of the contract etc.
                    Dont think so.. as if you changed mobile number for any reason you would still have the same agrrement number. which brings me to say could you redact the agreement number in post#7 of yours as it is showing. just to protect your I.D

Comment

Sorry I am constantly asking questions, I just want to make sure I am doing the correct thing.

So my next step would to send a CCA to Lowell and a CPR to the courts and wait for them to respond before I do anything else?
                      & where did that come from?
                      ####
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        CCA request + £1 fee to the Claimant (Lowells)
                        CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors (No fee)
                        SAR + £10 fee to Telefonica.

Keep copies, get proof of posting.
                        See top of this thread for examples.

Btw, you will in all probability get a letter back from Lowells/sols saying that as this is a mobile phone account, the Consumer Credit Act does not apply.
                        Absolute tosh; Telefonica did, & still do, agreements which are CCA regulated.
                        From this? I meant to say solicitors, not the courts, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          CCA request + £1 fee to the Claimant (Lowells)
                          CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors (No fee)
                          SAR + £10 fee to Telefonica.

Keep copies, get proof of posting.
                          See top of this thread for examples.

Btw, you will in all probability get a letter back from Lowells/sols saying that as this is a mobile phone account, the Consumer Credit Act does not apply.
                          Absolute tosh; Telefonica did, & still do, agreements which are CCA regulated.
                          From this? Sorry I meant to say solicitors not courts.

So I send CCA to lowell, CPR to thier solicitors and send off the SAR, then await for a response. What do I do if I do not get a response from them and what do I write on my defense claim before my time is up?

Sorry I'm getting all confused now

Comment

There are so many 'what if's' that, unless you are conversant with both court procedure & the shenanigans that these Claimants get up to, if you're confused now you will be totally lost trying to consider all possibilities.
                            Take one step at a time, send the letters, see what happens (or doesn't) & file your defence on time based on whatever occurs between now & the defence deadline.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Okay thank you, I just needed a clear plan of action.

I will send off both letters and wait to see what happens and will be probably be in touch for the next step.

Many thanks for all your help! It's really, really helped!

Comment

3 letters
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X