• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form

Can anyone help please? I've received the forms from the court now, just need to know what to say? Thanks

Comment

Anyone? I need to fill them out quite soon. Thanks

Comment

Ooo not sure what's happened with your thread getting missed. I'll have a read back and try help shortly xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

When your DQ arrives I would tick yes to mediation, yes to small claims track and number of witnesses 1 (that is the defendant)

If you haven't received it then I would give the court a call to check where it is

You can also check on MCOL to see what the state of play is - it wouldn't be the first time Lowell have sent a DQ to you but not to the court

Comment

Ahh cool, Warwick posted while I was having me tea xxx Now you've had the DQ from court you can complete and return, and send a copy to Lowell too.

Once it's gone in the claim will be sent to your local court and they will issue directions, most likely a hearing date and instructions for providing witness statements and the elusive.documents .
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help.

So from what I've read on the form, I will be given a phone call appointment for mediation and if that fails, it will go to court hearing? It says on the form "I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim, to allow me to enter into negotiations" but I don't have any evidence? Or does that not matter?

Thanks again

Comment

then answer NO if you do not have the information needed, mediation will state no mediation due to lack of information and it gets back to the court for the next stage

Comment

Sorry that question wasn't on the DQ, just on an information letter that came along with it.

It said

"please consider the following statements

For mediation to be successful there needs to be some flexibility from all parties and a willingness to listen and consider each other positions. Can you agree to this?
                  I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim, to allow me to enter into negotiations.

Mediation is voluntary option and is only available if you can answer YES to the above statements. If you have answered NO to any of the above statements, mediation is not suitable for you to decide to mediate or not!"

However, I've read on here that you should always say yes to mediation? Getting confused now and have just filled the form out saying yes to mediation?

Comment

if you do not have necessary documentation then respond NO as stated above, say yes but since you have the letter asking you do you have all the necessary documentation = if not state no in the above statements they are advising you the next steps based on your answer

Comment

I don't need to fill out the other letter, it was just like an information pack explain what mediation is.

So I should still say yes to mediation, right? As there's no questions like that in the DQ, just asking if I agree or not that it is appropriate to be taken to small claims, and if not, why not and what track I think it is suitable for.

Sorry for the many questions!

Comment

under £10,000 always small claims court

mediation is as stated they ask do you have the document if not then they state not suitable

Comment

So should I change my answer and tick no, and say I think it should be taken to small claim court instead?

And then from what I have read, if Lowells don't provide any evidence before the court date, the case will get dropped?

Comment

hang confused = how much is the claim for without me starting thru again?

Comment

Actually, I think I have confused myself here!

The DQ is for mediation and small claims track.

A1 Do you agree to this case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service

and then

C1 Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case?

So I will say no to A1 and yes to C1?

Sorry for the confusion

- - - Updated - - -

The claim is for £444

Comment

£333.12 - oh £444 then lol.

Yes tick yes for Mediation, yes to small claims. The other question about Documents etc will come later xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X