• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from dwf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from dwf

Received 3rd letter from dwf to pay 150£ security fee. It says will consider commercing court proceedings. Why I have to pay that and is it legal to ask for this money from them?
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from dwf

Hi and welcome

It is not unlawful for them to request you pay the money, but there is no obligation on you to do so.
    The threat of CONSIDERING commencing court proceedings is just that, a threat that is most unlikely to materialise.

Were you accused of attempted stealing from a shop?
    The security costs they are trying to recover from you are in fact part of their overheads and cannot be attributable directly to your actions.
    You do not have to pay them.

Ignore DWF's extortionate demands.
    The only papers you must not ignore are genuine court papers, and you are most unlikely to see those for this matter.

Comment

Dwf sainsbury's security fee

Hi! Have received 3rd letter from dwf asking to pay 150£ security fee otherwise they will commrncing court proceedings. Do I really nerd to pay this unfair sum?

Comment

Re: Dwf sainsbury's security fee

answered on your other post http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...273#post732273

Comment

Thanks for answering! It happened three weeks ago. I was shopping in Sainsbury's with two kids in a twin buggy . Forgot to pay for some items and stopped by security. Payed for everything straight away, but they took my id. Very shamed and feeling awfully. I think this fee is untruth and unreadable. They also called on my home telephone, but I have never given them my number. So I did not answer they left a voicemail to call back. I did not respond any letter at all. I hope I will never receive the letter from court. Hope your advice is right!

Comment

Don't worry about them
            There are lots of posts on the internet about these people, and the way they prey on the vulnerable.
            All they do is to threaten, and hope you pay up.
            If you receive more letters feel free to come back here for support.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X