• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

* SORTED * Business contract cancellation Patient Direct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: * SORTED * Business contract cancellation Patient Direct

They have probably included the admin fee of £198 plus VAT

Comment

I see from that the GP is supposed to get 5% of the advertising revenue so I will raise that with them. At the clinic there was another banner at the bottom of the screen so its another couple of inches smaller than in the video. I don't have access to the relevant data bases but do the Company number of 3834803 and VAT number of 741327060 relate to Patient Direct or Multimedia International?

Comment

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03834803

PD is a trading name of MUltimedia International
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I'm using this thead as a bit of a diary to keep notes about Patient Direct now!

A woman from Patient Direct phoned me this afternoon to say that our last couple of monthly payments hadn't gone through. I replied simply "yes", then eventually she said "well have you changed your debit card or something?". I said that I'd emailed with details of why I wasn't paying anymore, due to the fraud, and she said oh I can see an email here let me have a look. Anyway she said that I'd paid a deposit and if I paid a deposit I *must* have signed the contract. I'm not sure how that logic follows! It confused me a bit, so I said I couldn't remember the details and asked her to put everything in writing. I still haven't had any official correspondence from them regarding lack of payments. Maybe they'll send something now.
            I also note that I thought her voice sounded a bit shaky at the end of the phone call like she was very angry(?) and trying not to be...

Comment

You keep going, it all helps others who find themselves in similar positions.

Re your phone lady, she might have just got shaky as something off script happened ... nerves rather than anger.... she's probably not suited to debt recovery work ... particularly not for a company like PD lol.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Has anyone made an official complaint? I wonder if their actions would qualify under any of the following reasons. I'd say my experience should fall under the fraud bracket

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov...Complaint.aspx

You can make a complaint if you have reasonable grounds to suspect a company that is currently active of:
                • Causing significant harm to customers, suppliers, etc.
                • Breaking the law, e.g. fraud
                • Serious misconduct, e.g. company assets have not been used properly
                • Having a significant irregularity in its affairs

I just feel like there are so many reports against this company on Action Fraud / all the various Trading Standards offices, but no one is necessarily seeing the bigger picture. The internet is full of so many stories of small businesses being scammed out of their money.

Comment

Re: Business contract cancellation

If you compare the service you actually get to the service actually detailed in the terms and conditions it's going to be quite similar... so not sure you can call it fraud as such .... it's the overselling/misselling by the rep's that is the issue and there's the 'should have read the terms' issue that all small ( and large) business owners have to contend with.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

While not true in all cases, it should be fraud in my case though, right? As I believe my signature was forged on the contract.

Comment

Yes a forged signature would be out and out fraud.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

But in other people's cases where they've been told one price and end up paying another, that's covered by the t&c's? So it's ok for a rep to straight out lie to people? It just all seems so wrong!!!

Comment

Did you get her name? I have been emailing someone called Rachel, doesn't always seem to read the detail in the emails though. I have asked for a refund as they have committed an offence under the Misrepresentations Act. I have also sent my warning posts to a few dozen Facebook groups and even the Freemasons shared it! I have set up a Patient Direct Victims group on Facebook, only me in it so far but new members welcome

Comment

Originally posted by patientdirectscam View Post
                            But in other people's cases where they've been told one price and end up paying another, that's covered by the t&c's? So it's ok for a rep to straight out lie to people? It just all seems so wrong!!!
                            Misrepresentation. Which price is in the agreement?

Trust me, PD aren't the only B2B services company that does this. It needs stopping. It's okay saying people should read the contract, but these salesreps seem to engineer themselves into situations where the time/concentration isn't available and it seems some sign to get the salesrep to leave - with assurances they can cancel after ( which is a lie generally ). It's like bloody double glazing, electrician courses or stairlifts. It is still a ridiculously massive problem, protection has been improved over the years for consumers - small businesses fall through the gaps - and they SHOULD be covered by consumer legislation IMO.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Their contract says they don't have tell the truth, the ads can be shown how they want and when they want but looking at the Misrepresentations Act they still commit an offence if they knowling mislead to gain an advantage and that's the line I am taking with them

Comment

I have had an absolute nightmare with this company.

I am currently suing them but they have counter claimed for £2500 which will destroy my small business that I have built for 2 years.

I was totally mis-sold this advertising by a man who claimed to work for the adverting dept at the medical practice. I was sold a 30 sec advert every 5 minutes. I've been to the practice 5 times and never seen my advert. The TV screen is tiny and in one of the three waiting rooms. He told me that all patients who sit waiting for their appts will see my advert as most patients have to wait 10 mins so it would play twice in that time. They also took an unauthorised payment from my account when it wasn't due plus I hadn't sent the direct debit form back so they took it illegally from my card.

The contract I have only just received a copy as like everyone else the sales man took it with him. I was incredibly busy at the time so I didn't notice.

I have to send my defence back by 22nd September and any statements from other companies would be a great help to show the court that it's not just me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X