• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can anyone confirm the legality of Tesco/ Highview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone confirm the legality of Tesco/ Highview

Hi can anyone help.

A good friend has parked on Tesco' s car park. The store does opperate 24hours and he was called for a personal issue and parked on the car park at 10pm and returnd at 6am.

I have attached below a link to the car park image which he says at night was not visible.

http://imgur.com/a/exvmp

From my understanding this is simply an invoice for him to pay. A college at work argues this is incorrect and he asked me to reference schedule 4 protections of freedom act 2012

Can anyone shed any light on is he liable to pay. He did use and buy goods in Tesco and was not aware of this.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Can anyone confirm the legality of Tesco/ Highview

Hi tippytoppy

Both you & your colleague are correct.

It is (or will be) probably an invoice for breaching contract terms.

PoFA 2012 Sch 4 may well be applicable.

Was a windscreen ticket issued? (I believe Highview do ANPR, but asking just in case).

Has your friend received a Notice to Keeper via the post?

Has your friend tried getting Tesco to cancel/intercede?

Has anyone admitted to who was actually driving at the time? (If not, do not do so).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X