• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

workplace bullying by line manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workplace bullying by line manager

My manager has clearly got it in for me and has been persecuting me for customs and practice that many other people are guilty of. He has on the back of this commissioned an investigation into me and my practice. I have taken a grievance against him for bullying and this is now slowly going through the process. I work in healthcare and am being "supported by" a nursing union but from previous experience I am not encouraged by their support.
    I would be grateful if anybody could give me advice on this, I have been collecting evidence to prove that I am not the only one who regularly does the practices for which he is trying to persecute me and as far as I am aware these are not clinical. As I work in healthcare I obviously have to be aware of confidentiality here so am limited in how much detail I can post. I feel strongly that I am being bullied and persecuted and it has made me unwell and not sure if I can go back to working in this environment but don't feel that I should be penalised because a manger has taken a dislike to me.
    Can anybody please advise?
    Tags: None

Re: workplace bullying by line manager

Can anybody please advise?

Comment

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION] [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION]

I'll move your thread into the Employment section and have tagged a couple of people who might be able to help xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi bulliedandfightingback,

It is rotten when a manger makes you feel like this. I will say that this isn't really my area, but having worked in healthcare myself (some time ago now), I do have some knowledge around the job and tasks that are expected to be performed.

Is the issue over a method of working and in which case is there a policies in place that all employees in your position are meant to follow? You have not provided much information and I appreciate it may be difficult to go into too much detail. However, it would be helpful to have a bit of a generalised description of what is actually happening. Is this about a way that you work or how you are carrying out a particular task for instance? If it is and there is a policy in place as to how a task should be completed then irrelevant of how others perform their task you should really be doing what the policy says, in my opinion.

However, there are instances where policies are not followed and a method for performing a task is and has always been done in a particular way. There may be other arguments to be had if that is the case. It is also relevant what training you have received and whether you have even had policies pointed out to you, or have been directed where to find the policies, for instance.

At this stage, a little more information about the actual circumstances would help and then hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction.
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Peridot has raised an important point about whether there are policies in place about how tasks should be performed because if there are the fact that other people are not adhering to them will not be a defence if you are not adhering to them.

If that is not the case then one of the most important things to do is record the date, time and circumstance in which other people are operating in the same way that you are but for which they are not being investigated.

Has your grievance been acknowledge and if so do you have a date for a grievance meeting?
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you Peridot and Ula for the replies and advice.

I took out a Grievance as per the employers policy and have had stage one formal Grievance meeting which was not upheld. I have appealed against the findings and my appeal was app 7000 words as there are a lot of issues and I have gathered a lot of evidence on them I am awaiting the next and final stage of the trusts Grievance procedure .

The Manager who I have taken the Grievance out against blatantly lied when asked about some of my points to try and defend his actions and this has incriminated himself further in doing so as he denied making the allegations yet has sent them to me in the form of an investigation letter!

Much of the allegations he made against me are for admin issues and ways of working that have been historically done by all of the team over a period of 12 years. In that time we have had app 12 managers and none of them have ever found fault with this and no expectations have been raise and no training has ever been provided by the employer.

One such issue is Time owing. I am now aware there is a policy in place which I have not followed I have proof that pretty much every other one of my colleagues is guilty of this and we have always worked this way over a long period of time as senior nurses we have been allowed to do so by previous managers. I now appreciate that technically this could be a disciplinary issue but I have been isolated and persecuted for this when it is a custom and practice employed by most of the team. Surely this is isolation and Bullying to only persecute 1 person?

When questioned about this by the Grievance investigation the manger stated that he is not aware any of his team take any time owing as they have never asked and that we should not be incurring time owing (the way we have been told to cover work by management actually necessitates incurring time owing on occasions) yet I have many examples of proof that this is common practice but despite this the manager has threatened to prosecute me for fraud and for breaching the policy. I can fully justify and prove that the time owing I have taken was incurred justifiably by working how we were told to do so.

Another issue is about admin in the use of Ledgers. We have never had any training in this and neither this line manager or any of the previous 12 or so have ever expressed any clear expectations of how they should be used or provided any training on their use. None of the mangers have ever found fault with how I have used them previously yet he is now trying to use this as a disciplinary issue.

There are many issue such as these so I cannot really discuss them all but they are all unfair examples of isolation and Bullying.
            many thanks in anticipation of any advice and support which would be appreciated.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 15th August 2017, 10:39:AM.

Comment

I would be grateful for some advice please as this is coming to a head with the final Grievance meeting due soon but I feel I have a really strong case to take to an industrial tribunal.

Comment

Just tagging [MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] , [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION] for you xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank You Amethyst x

Comment

I take it from your thread that no disciplinary action has yet been taken, however you are waiting the outcome of a grievance appeal hearing. Did you raise the grievance on the basis of bullying by your manager.
                    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                      I take it from your thread that no disciplinary action has yet been taken, however you are waiting the outcome of a grievance appeal hearing. Did you raise the grievance on the basis of bullying by your manager.
                      Hi yes I raised the Grievance on the basis of being bullied by my manager and for being singled out and isolated for customs and practice used by most if not all of my colleagues

Comment

I think we will have to see what the outcome of your grievance appeal is and then review what course of action can be taken

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X