• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nationwide Loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nationwide Loans

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
    This is about all i have
    That letter says your application has been "approved in principle". The second document is a Pre-Contract Information sheet, so where is the contract i.e. the credit agreement?

Di
    Last edited by Diana M; 19th September 2017, 07:58:AM. Reason: added quote from letter

Comment

Oh, I thought that was it, I have sent an S77 recorded next day delivery as I will miss the 7 day deadline. Their letter dated the 13th arrived on the 18th.

Comment

Well Nationwide have sent me a letter saying due to mistakes on my statements the loan is not legally enforceable and will add a correction on my credit file. The default will remain though.

Comment

Well Nationwide have sent me a letter saying due to mistakes on my statements the loan is not legally enforceable and will add a correction on my credit file. The default will remain though.
          Default will fall off after 6 years
          Good stuff

Comment

Nationwide have sent me a letter saying due to mistakes on my statements the loan is not legally enforceable .

Any direct mention by them in response to your s.77 CCA Request?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
              Any direct mention by them in response to your s.77 CCA Request?

Di
              No Di, should it all be over now?

Comment

Hi, A while back nationwide sent me a letter saying due to errors the loan was unenforceable and they made a correction on my credit file, they are now saying if i dont start paying they will hand it over to a debt collection agency to recover it on their behalf, are they allowed to do this, and how should i respond to them? I have 7 days. Please excuse the state of one of the letters, my cat got hold of it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone offer any advice please :/

Comment

Well its been a while but from what I can see they wrote saying its unenforecable but that doesn't mean they can't try and collect

If it were me I would ignore and then if a DCA writes just send a copy of the letter Nationwide sent you

Not much more to do

Try to keep communication to a minimum - the goal now will be Statute barred although I bet at some point they will try to sell it on

Comment

Hi, here is the latest update. Nationwide have handed the debt over to Moorcroft to act on their behalf. I replied to Moorcroft stating that due to Nationwides failings the debt was legally unenforceable, as nationwide have stated in their previous letters to me. I sent a copy of this to Moorcroft and have attached their response.
                      Nationwide sent me a letter prior to this stating;

We previously wrote to you informing you that we had identified an issue with some of the statements we had sent to you, they then went on to say;
                      We are unable to alter the standard explanatory wording within the default Notice as its prescribed by law.

Now if this is a minor breech of the original agreement can they fix it, are they allowed to sell it on and would a debt collection agency have any legal standing?
                      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X