• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Exhaustion excessive hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaustion excessive hours

Hi All
    Thank you for reading my post, I am writing because I would like some advice and guidance as I’m in a situation I have not encountered before.

Firstly I am a Type 1 Diabetic who has good control of blood glucose my HBA1C is 56% with little hypos.

I have recently had a black out at work around 3 weeks ago where I was unconscious for between 10-15 minutes. Subsequently I have been off work for 10 days recovering having medical test completed as guided by the HR team. In the run up to this episode I have been doing excessive work hours and travel:

Monday afternoon – Travel 200 miles stay over night
    Tuesday – Full day 8-5 with little chance for a break time let alone eating my lunch, travel back Tuesday evening 200 miles
    Wednesday – work from home until around 1pm then finish between 7-8:30pm on site
    Thursday/Friday – 8:30-17:00

Although I am able to work from home on a Wednesday I am so exhausted from the Monday/Tuesday. I also regularly have been missing my meal times due to delays in transport which has had an effect on my blood sugar controls.

I had a similar issue with travel in summer 2016 where I was exhausted from doing a similar setup but instead of it being Monday and Tuesday it was Wednesday and Thursday. I had a week off then due to illness.
    I think that this exhaustion has caused me to black out at work which my doctor is also thinking, 2 weeks prior to the event I did raise to my direct manager about the exhaustion and measures were meant to be put in place. But this never materialised but since me being back on a phrased return this situation has changed and I no longer need to travel this distance.

I am disappointed that it had to come to this for anything to actually occur. I now have very little trust for the people involved as a result I am unsure if this is an organisation I want to work for.
    From a legal viewpoint what can I do about this as I cannot afford not to work and I understand I have a protected characteristic?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X