• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot and overdraft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot and overdraft?

They will not be doing it for the good of their or your health. You willl not be getting an offer of 1p more than they paid for it, more like a 90% discount which will be a fat profit for them

I disagree that a business needs to make a profit at any cost. Remember they will likely have paid less than 10% of the face value for the debt.

IMO they are trying to get you to bite and open a dialogue with them

Comment

My thoughts to Warwick, so I should sit tight and ride the waves!?

Comment

I know I have- I have three OD's two with debt purchasers. I am just sitting and waiting - up to you though

Comment

Until they make an offer I can't refuse, then I'm planted.

Comment

Ok so an update, I have now received a letter from the CABOT informing me that they are asking an agent namely Moorcroft to arrange a home visit?
            Any advice?
            I haven't had an opportunity to request the SAR, had some family issues which take priority.

Comment

If they do turn up politely turn them away without engaging in meaningful conversation. If you want to be proactive there are templates around, is sibyl on the forum that generally do the job.

Comment

Ah! bless them Moorcroft send Fidelite ( ex Snotcall ooppsss Scotcall), if they ever did send a local nut to ask for money, tell them to shut the gate as they leave now, or the old fashion remedy, under bed pot full up, = out of window over them! = just a suggestion of course, in this day and age it might be classed as a wet assault ???????????? food for thought?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  ............or the old fashion remedy, under bed pot full up, = out of window over them! = just a suggestion of course, in this day and age it might be classed as a wet assault ???????????? food for thought?
                  Morning Mike.

They would definitely be taking the pee then?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

morning Char yep as long as not into the wind

Comment

I once had a visit from scotcall. Lovely fella just asked me to write saying it was in dispute and I wouldn't talk to people, "they needed to keep it in writing.

I now say always be professional and polite, it looks good up here on the moral high ground. I'll admit I used to get aggregated and it only stressed me out.

Comment

Moorcroft have been round here once, he was fine, I just said no thank you and he toddled off.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X