• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Car advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Car advice

I bought a car about a year ago when I was married. I didn't know much about cars then, didn't do enough research, but I knew what I wanted.

I asked the dealer for a Toyota, any model, I was clear about my budget and the downpayment I had to offer. Everything was fine. He said you may have to wait because we don't have that car this week. That's fine I'll wait. He calls me up st the end of the week. He has a car he thinks is what I'm looking for. I leave work early and race out there. He says well he doesn't have any toyotas but he has plenty of cars within my budget. Frustrated I had left my job early for nothing I look around the lot at the few cars he pointed out. Call my mom and pick one. It was higher than the down payment I discussed previously and higher than the monthly payment I discussed I could pay. After talking to my then husband about it he tells me to get the car. I do.

Fast forward I have had the car almost a year now. My husband and I are processing our divorce. I can no longer afford the car on my own. I move to a new part of the state that has cheaper cost of living but in turn also get a pay decrease from my job because the store at that location doesn't pay as much as I was making. I call my dealership with the car and ask if they offer refinance options for the car. They do not. I ask if they offer trade out options for something cheaper. They do not. I contact other loan companies about refinancing my car. The majority of them tell me my car is only worth 9,000 dollars and it's had a recall on it since before I purchased the car. I had no idea. I paid 20,000 for a used Chevy Captiva with 86,000. Miles on it. I had been bamboozled and it was my own fault. I'm equipped with all the knowledge now but it's a year later. There's nothing I can do is there? I'm raising my son on my own. I can't easily afford 500/month in car payments anymore.
    Tags: None

Re: Legal Car advice

Hi and welcome
    Sorry to hear of your problems but I doubt you will obtain much relevant advice from this UK based site.
    Are there no consumer forums based where you are in the USA ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X