• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car finance advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car finance advice

HELP @R0b

we purchase our jaguar from Stratstone jaguar in Cardiff back in august 2016, we put down 2000 deposit and rest on finance around 11k (9300 for early repayment) we had a DPF issue after a few weeks and due to the fact we had 6 months complimentary jaguar assistance we called them they regenerated the car and it worked ok for a week then 3 days before we were due to go on holiday the car broke down again with a message on dash saying call dealership so we called jaguar assistance out again they advised calling jaguar to get it into them as we didn't want take it back to Cardiff.

jaguar said they would take it back into our local service centre in Taunton it had a major part changed under warranty and we went to pick it up to found they had damaged the car so we arranged for them to pick it up again just before it went to them the DPF light came on again and we called assistance again he came and inspected it and found a pipe was loose obviously I couldn't prove it was Taunton jaguar who did it so left it and it went to them for the damage repair, they said they couldn't find any faults so we had it back, within a week of it coming back the DPF light came back on and the car went into limp mode so called jaguar again who said I needed to drive the car at 55mph for around 1/2 hour which I did and it didn't regent only this time they said DPF is not covered under warranty???

Still having numerous problems with the DPF filter such that each time we turn the car on the yellow warning light comes on and takes around a 2 hour drive to clear, we had the yellow light on on Saturday and after a short drive it went to red so we pulled over and called my brother who is a mechanic and he advised calling jaguar for advice so we did and as we were on the phone the light went out and car came out of limp mode and we drove home, I called jaguar again and they said I can bring the car to them for investigation but it would be at my cost starting around 400 upwards, my brother plugged the car in and it found no faults which jaguar found in the past. Now they are saying that I can return the car under sale of goods act but won't confirm this on email, we have also noticed tonight that the alloy wheels are bubbling and pealing ..... I am so stressed over this as I have a car I can't trust so much so my work have lent me a car as I fear it will break down when I'm driving it but I am still having to pay for it! Please can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Car finance advice

Hello,

I will get back to you later this evening
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Did they really say Sale of Goods Act? Consumer Rights Act 2015 is the current legislation..

So they have had many chances of repairing the defective car. You could write to them rejecting the car and requiting your money back (less a sum for usage). Start writing out a chronological list of defects and times in garage to fix.

Comment

Yes sale of goods act ... I was a bit confused by it aswell

Thanks will do the list now

Comment

Hi sorry to chase but do you think you can help? Any advice would be great

Comment

If your having problems still with the car it seems it has been repaired a number of times but to no avail. Usually the finance company is the owner of the car so you should be directing your complaint to them. I would write to them and explain that you have had the car recently, it is not fit for purpose and is faulty, having been in the garage a number of times and the problem is not fixed. You therefore wish to exercie your right to return the goods and terminate the agreement, and obtain a partial refund of the money paid whilst it has been repaired.

You should be setting out the scene and providing any evidence e.g. invoices or statements of repairs the car has had.

Did you pay any deposit on credit card?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X