• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander cost me £680

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander cost me £680

Here is a cautionary story about how arranging buying a property abroad using santander uk international payments can cost you.I wanted to buy a retirement home out in tenerife as is common in spain a deposit has to be paid of 10% so on the 4th of may 2017 santander uk transferred this to the vendors solicitors in sterling to there spanish office no problem in the meantime i returned to the uk to visit my santander branch in Erdington to explain that i would need to transfer the balance of 57,800 in about a months time.
    So the time comes to appear in front. Of a notary at least 5 days prior I contacted santander uk to arrange the transfer and was told All is fine and it will be actioned.
    3 days later and the vendors Solicicter has not received payment and that meant not being able to sign leaving me with a 1200 euro bill. On contacting santander I WAS TOLD THAT EVERYTHING WAS IN ORDER BUT MY TRANSFER HAD TO BE SCRUTINISED BY THERE SECURITY DEPARTMENT.
    This has been going on for nearly a week no call backs no help at all, I'm in trouble now as the contract will be up, and in spanish law i will lose £6800 deposit.
    I hope that someone who cares from santander picks this up and cares about santander uk's reputation and puts this right, your customer service is abysmal
    can anyone tell me if i have a case to sue them
    Tags: None

Re: Santander cost me £680

Do you have a solicitor dealing with the purchase from this end on your behalf ( checking everything is correct etc) ?

Have Santander explained the delay other than 'security' ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Santander cost me £680

I've not had this for buying any property but I have had similar from Santander for buying goods over the internet from America and Europe. It seems they are obsessed with security and have refused several of my payments even ones that were for $10 and up to about $100 which is probably the most I've attempted to spend.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X