• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim PCM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim PCM

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Privacy of contract.
    Hi,

I've just received a response from Gladstones in regards to the court case, they have requested to proceed with a N159 letter and have made a special request to continue the court with paper evidence only without a hearing. Have you heard of this before? Any suggestions on what the most favorable move would be now?

Many thanks,
    Dellniv

Comment

This is standard Gladstones. When you get your own Directions Questionnaire to complete from the court you return it naming your local court and write a note to the court objecting to the paper only as this will seriously disadvantage you as a litigant in person against professional lawyers.

If you don't get a DQ soon phone up the court and see what is happening.

Comment

As [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] says, the usual Gladstones rubbish.
        I would always go to court & make an effort to personally appear at the hearing.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I've received the letter now, it states that it's suitable for small claims?

Do I accept it to go to small claims and thats it ? Theres a few areas to tick such as mediation.

Is anyone aware of how soon the court hearing is given?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Is the letter the N180 Directions Questionnaire ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yep.

Standard DQ.
                I would always tick 'yes' for mediation. (Although not compulsory, the courts prefer it if mediation is at least considered).
                At the mo there seems to be a bit of a backlog for hearing dates; some areas are a lot worse than others.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi,

it's a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track.

point 2 on the letter states "if you believe this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the directions questionnaire (form N180) and explain why.

And point 3 states N180 must be complete by a certain date so yeah it is a N180

Comment

Are you intending to make a personal appearance in court? (If it goes that far).
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Are you intending to make a personal appearance in court? (If it goes that far).
                      yes of course ? Shouldn't I be ?

my only worry is that I have a few holidays booked :/

Comment

Just checking.
                        As previously stated, it is better to put in a personal appearance.
                        It would be worth mentioning on the DQ that you want to appear in person as you feel that a hearing on papers would be a serious disadvantage to yourself, a Litigant in Person.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

There should be a spot on the DQ for you to put dates you aren't available ( ie your holiday dates )
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

My case has been sent to another court but it is not ideal for myself. How would I go about appealing this as it states that I am able to but does not state how?

Thanks

Comment

Is this a different court to the one you specified on the directions questionnaire? Could it be the court requested by Gladstone? Did you object to the paper only hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                                Is this a different court to the one you specified on the directions questionnaire? Could it be the court requested by Gladstone? Did you object to the paper only hearing?
                                Yeah I objected the paper hearing.

and it is a different court yes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X