• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim PCM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim PCM

Although you (& the other party) can state a preferred venue, the final decision is at the court's discretion.

But it is certainly worth contacting them; mistakes can be made.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd provide an update.

The court we attended last week has taken the claim to trial. I was quite shocked as the Judged seemed to be in favor of PCM.. Did not take into consideration that I was not the driver of the vehicle and did not even take into consideration any of the points and previous cases I have raised and said the £100 was a reasonable amount per ticket to charge too which I found ridiculous.

Next step is trial, not sure what will happen here after the above experience..

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Dellniv

Comment

What was last week's hearing for?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          What was last week's hearing for?
          To hear both arguments and see if it the claim should go to trial. Judge ruled it to go to trial.

Comment

It is unusual to hold a preliminary hearing for relatively straighforward cases such as this.
            Did either of you make an application?
            Could you tell us what happened in there in more detail?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I am quite sure I did not but the amount being claimed is just over £1k? Maybe this is why?

Comment

I doubt it.
                Small Claims goes up to £10k
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I doubt it.
                  Small Claims goes up to £10k
                  I see, I'm not too sure in that case.

Comment

I'm guessing that the N159 that was submitted may have something to do with the preliminary hearing.

Ok, you should receive further written instructions re the hearing date & track from the court in due course.

Have you heard anything from Mediation Service?

Have you prepared any case law evidence re tenancy agreement primacy?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I'm guessing that the N159 that was submitted may have something to do with the preliminary hearing.

Ok, you should receive further written instructions re the hearing date & track from the court in due course.

Have you heard anything from Mediation Service?

Have you prepared any case law evidence re tenancy agreement primacy?
                      I thought this was the mediation service, it was me and their solicitors in front of a judge. We agreed to combine 2 cases in to 1 as there were 2 vehicles in question, both under my name.

Then the judge started going through my defence and ruling some of them out.

Points refused; when I park in this car park I am in a legal contract, £100 is a fair amount, Registered keeper is responsible for the the fines. kept referring to Beavis vs Parking eye supreme court hearing where the court ruled the case to the parking companies favour.

Asked if they can see the tenancy agreement, I said I can provide that. Not sure which way that can go because in the agreement it says first come first serve parking, only allowed to park in marked bays, but on the other hand, it does not mention anything about this PCM company's contract, it is purely a suggestion in my eyes. if the developer laid those rules, they should be imposing it, not PCM, right?

all seemed in favour of the big organisation, without even hearing my side, just going by what I wrote in my defence online, which wasn't even the complete defence.

Comment

From Parking Prankster (c/w case law)
                        http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...rking.html?m=0
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So to update this thread, Ended up going to court and losing - Have been ordered to pay over £1k in fines and costs.

Very bemused and bewildered, the judge did not even consider and acts/laws filed in my defence, not even primacy of contract.. No idea what to do from here. Even though I stated I was not driving the car and offered to provide details of whomever was.

Fined due to my family members parking in the residential area of where I live due to dumped cars being in residents bays. I have no idea how this system works like this? Seriously lost right now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X