• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with court paperwork taking Car Dealer to court! Trading Standards not helping!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with court paperwork taking Car Dealer to court! Trading Standards not helpi

As you are joint claimants, and as noted on your other thread you can't use MCOL
    Use form N1 download here: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov....t_forms_id=338
    File at local court

OOPs sorry I'm out of date.. send form with appropriate fee to Salford
    Last edited by des8; 13th June 2017, 16:17:PM. Reason: bringing up to date

Comment

Re: Help with court paperwork taking Car Dealer to court! Trading Standards not helpi

Judging by your other post about two having two claimants on the claim, your best bet would be to send detailed particulars. The POC could be better worded and good drafting of a POC offers the benefit of demonstrating a clear analysis of the claim including the law and facts surrounding the claim but also the first thing a judge is going to read will be the statements of case so you should therefore present it in a clear manner.

A few tips:

1. Number your paragraphs
      2. Start with who the parties are and what they do. You've attempted it in the first section about the defendant but there's nothing to suggest you are a consumer. You should explain what business sector the business is in e.g. "At all material times, the Defendant was and is a car dealership in the business of selling new and used cars. The Claimant was at all times a consumer".
      3. Was the agreement entered into written or verbal? If written, do you have a copy of the contract to provide to the Court?
      4. If you are going to abbreviate something then you should first set out the full wording and then followed by (""). For example you abbreviated CRA so you should set it out as being Consumer Rights Act 2015 ("CRA").
      4. Set out the implied terms of the contract under the CRA and a subsection for each implied term you rely on. For example, see below quote

Under the CRA, it was implied that the goods would be:

(a) of satisfactory quality;
      (b) fit for purpose;
      7. If it helps, set out sub-headings as it would certainly help the judge reading your claim and also makes sure the claim is clear and logical. For example, you could have subheadings such as "The Parties", "The Contract/Background", "The Terms of the Contract", "The Defendant's Breach of the Terms" etc.
      8. After setting out the prolems and issues you have had you then need to establish the cause of action your bringing e.g. the breach of contract so you should consider saying something like "The Defendant was in breach of the contract" and then a further subheading underneath (centred in the middle of page, bold, underlined and in caps) such as PARTICULARS OF BREACH and then list again each reason as to why they have breached the terms of the contract.

The above is just a quick guide but is not exhaustive and there is no particular formula as to your POC but you do need it to be a concise statement of facts and the clearer your claim is, the easier it is to argue and persuade the judge as to what you are seeking.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I was almost at the end of MCOL then realised I needed two claimants

I will start with the paper form again tomorrow!

Comment

UPDATE Help with court paperwork taking Car Dealer to court!

Just found out as of last week the car dealer has just closed the business!

He was a sole trader and I named him on the court papers with his trading address.

I don't have any other address for him..will this now affect my court claim?

Comment

If he doesn't receive the court papers, it means he won't be in a position to defend the claim and you can apply for a judgement by default.

However you will then need to trace him to obtain your money, and he may then apply for the judgement to be set aside and then defend your claim.

can you name him and his business/ Someone on here might know him.

Comment

He's called Leigh Waterfield, the business was Everyday Cars, Plymouth. The manager was Rob Hocking. They have also been directors of Sutton Trade Centre, Plymouth but closed that business in 2010. They have also had Laira Bridge Motor Company. All in Plymouth.

When I checked the receipt, it said Laira Bridge Motor Company? So they must be using that bank account?

They have closed down their website, Facebook etc.

We have also found out that they made a claim on our warranty company for the faulty engine and they got paid £1000!! They must have used our details somehow.

I'm worried that even if we get judgement in court..we will have to enforce it..and I know that takes more court costs and money ☹️

Comment

I think you will find a Leigh A Waterfield at DERRY AVENUE 43, PLYMOUTH PL46BH.
                Might be a starting point for your search.

Have you been in touch with the warranty company?

Comment

Thank you. The warranty company called us to see if we wanted to extend it past the six months..we explained situation and not using car and they told us that the dealer had ceased trading and then realised they paid out to dealer in error!

i spoke to my bank today to see if I can use chargeback scheme under circumstances..I'm waiting to see what they say...

Comment

How did you pay for the vehicle?

Comment

I paid half on my visa debit approx £3100 and my partner paid £500 on credit card and £2800 via her visa debit card..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X