• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Deduction from wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deduction from wages

Good morning, really need some help here
    I resigned my position over a week ago and have been put on Gardening Leave at home
    I was due my salary payment today but received nothing into the bank
    i contacted HR who informed me they had been instructed to charge me for training, i am struggling to remember the last training i received but am not denying this however the training would have been done in house by an external trainer last year i would think and was MANDATORY so i had no choice in attanding.
    I have asked for the last week to see a copy of my contract, i am fairly sure there was some infrmation in it refering to training fees, but i think the wording may have been 'we may ask for payment for training' , to date i have not received the contract.
    They also told me they were instructed to withhold my commission, which would have been around £2500.
    I have been paid not a penny today despite being owed over £4000
    I have asked for a copy of the traing i received and will as for a copy of the fees.
    Any advice please?
    Tags: None

Re: Deduction from wages

Hi, I understand from what you have posted that since you resigned and were put on gardening leave you have had not confirmation from your employer about your exit arrangements? In which case I would suggest that you email your employer and ask for the following information:

1. Confirmation in writing that you have been put on gardening leave for the duration of your notice period.
    2. Confirmation of what monies the company owes you in terms of salary, commission and any holiday pay for accrued but untaken holiday entitlement.
    3. Confirmation of the details of any deductions they are intending to make from your final salary this may include deduction for overtaken but not accrued holiday and should also detail this issue of training.
    4. Request confirmation of when you can expect payment into your bank account of monies you are owed.
    5. A copy of your contract in order to verify what the contractual position is in regard to training and any final commission payments due.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanky you Ula
      I can confirm i received a letter from my employer stating they confirm my resignatiom and are placing me on Gardening Leave
      They draw me to various pages of my Contract of Employment which they say was attached to the letter, nothing was attached.
      I told them i had not received a copy of said contract or the references made in it, to date i have had no reply or copy.
      How long must i wait for them to send me a copy of the contract?
      What if they change the contract in the time i am on Gardening Leave (i would not put it past them)
      Due to the way i am paid it gets very complicated to assess how much and when all payments will be cleared for payment to me (commission, wash out, outstanding invoices to go agaonat internal jobs etc)

Comment

Depending in when you requested the copy of your contract, so if it was last week or early this week, if it has not arrived over the bank holiday weekend I advise you request it again but do so in writing/email. Plus in that email if there was nothing in the letter you received providing the information I gave at points 2-4 of post 2 then add them in as well.

I appreciate that when people leave, who have an element of commission in their salary package, it can be a bit complicated to work out the exact amount due. However, they should be able to give you an idea of what is definitely owing and then any amount remaining that may be subject to "wash out, outstanding invoices to go against internal jobs etc. and therefore is not yet confirmed as a payment due.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X