• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED**

Here's my spin on it

Dear XXX

Thank you for the interim repayment of charges, received on xx/xx/xx, which were unlawfully taken from my account. You will be aware that
    I do not consider that your goodwill payment of £xxx in full and final settlement of my claim and I expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidelines of the FSA waiver from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

Since this interim payment my husband, Mr XXXXX, has become unemployed due to illness and no longer receives any income. I am now the sole earner which has meant a drop of 75% income per month. We have reduced our expenditure as far as possible, but we do not have enough income or benefits to meet our
    essential monthly outgoings.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £1362.13 charges and interest thereon which currently totals £170.33. Total amount payable from yourselves £1532.46

I enclose an updated income and expenditure sheet to give you our current financial situation, as well as copies of letters from our priority creditors, outlined below.

Mortgage on home - £2800 in arrears

Council Tax - £499.95 in arrears

Secured Loan - £800 in arrears

We have contacted the Consumer Credit Counselling Service and we are currently negotiating with all our creditors and mortgage lender for some respite until my husband recovers is able to find new employment.

It would greatly assist us if you could help us by paying the balance of our outstanding claim, as detailed previously. We will accept part payment direct into our Abbey account to clear the account balance due, with remainder by cheque to pay our priority debts.

Thank you for you time in this matter.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Dear XXX

Thank you for the interim repayment of charges, received on 29/07/2008, which were unlawfully taken from my account. You will be aware that I do not consider that your goodwill payment of £4000.00 in full and final settlement of my claim and I expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidelines of the FSA waiver from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

Since this interim payment my husband, Mr XXXXX, has become unemployed due to illness and no longer receives any income. I am now the sole earner which has meant a drop of 75% income per month. We have reduced our expenditure as far as possible, but we do not have enough income or benefits to meet our
      essential monthly outgoings.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £1362.13 charges and interest thereon which currently totals £170.33. Total amount payable from yourselves £1532.46

I enclose an updated income and expenditure sheet to give you our current financial situation, as well as copies of letters from our priority creditors, outlined below.

Mortgage on home - £2800 in arrears

Council Tax - £499.95 in arrears

Secured Loan - £800 in arrears

We have contacted the Consumer Credit Counselling Service and we are currently negotiating with all our creditors and mortgage lender for some respite until my husband recovers is able to find new employment.

It would greatly assist us if you could help us by paying the balance of our outstanding claim, as detailed previously. We will accept part payment direct into our Abbey account to clear the account balance due, with remainder by cheque to pay our priority debts.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Dont Send Anything Yet
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

total outstanding claim £1748.15 inc 8% plus the court fee
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Dear XXX

Thank you for the interim repayment of charges, received on 29/07/2008, which were unlawfully taken from my account. You will be aware that I do not consider that your goodwill payment of £4000.00 in full and final settlement of my claim and I expect Abbey National PLC to abide by the guidelines of the FSA waiver from its complaint handling rules and particularly those guidelines which apply to a firms attempts to resolve a bank charges complaint after 27th July 2007.

Since this interim payment my husband, Mr XXXXX, has become unemployed due to illness and no longer receives any income. I am now the sole earner which has meant a drop of 75% income per month. We have reduced our expenditure as far as possible, but we do not have enough income or benefits to meet our essential monthly outgoings.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £1748.15 charges and interest thereon which currently totals £170.33. Total amount payable from yourselves £1918.48

Mortgage on home - £2800 in arrears - Court proceedings for repossession will commence unless payments are bought up to date.

Council Tax - £499.95 in arrears - No payments made bailiffs will be issued for removal of goods from the home.

Secured Loan - £800 in arrears - Court Porceedings for a reposession order will commece unless payments are bought to date and arrears cleared.

Yours Sincerely

* No courts fees paid by ourselves as we was exempt hun *
            Last edited by Ladidi; 8th January 2009, 14:06:PM.

Comment

nice one

change this bit.

You will be aware that there is an amount outstanding totalling £1755.47 charges including interest at 8% PA which is increasing the total at a rate of £0.10 per day

check the 75% drop figure, and do a spell check, add your IE and sorted

Don't expect this to be dead simple tho.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Spreadsheet to 8th jan
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Its Abbey Im up against so well done to you!
                  'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X