• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC PCNs at Brunel University London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC PCNs at Brunel University London

Dear Friends,

I hope you can help me with the following.

In the month of November 2015, I was issued with 3 UKPC PCNs between the dates of 26/11/2015 and 30/11/2015 (all on the windscreen). These PCNs were issued whilst the car was parked at Brunel University London car park.

To begin with, it is important to mention that I am employed by the University and pay monthly to park the car on campus (I have been issued with a badge that allows me to park the car). However, due to the fact that I’d misplaced the parking permit at the time and the security/reception team was in the process of issuing me one, I had to park the car without the permit. Nonetheless, I displayed an A4 sheet clearly explaining the situation along with contact details, designation and the department.

I wrote back to the UKPC (un-recorded mail) for their first PCN explaining the situation. I did not bother replying the other two PCNs although I should have I think. After this initial letter/appeal, I did not receive further correspondence from the UKPC and assumed the case was closed as a good-will gesture.

Before I go on further, here are the 2 important facts.

1. I was not in the country from mid December 2015 to early February 2016 as well as half of April 2016 (evidence can be provided if needed).
    2. During this time I was still paying for the permit as an employee through monthly deductions (evidence can be provided if needed). At no point I stopped paying for the parking permit.

However, in April 2017 (from 11/4/17-12/4/17) I received 3 letters from the ‘Debt Recovery Plus’ with a title ‘Letter before referral for legal action’. I decided not to contact them because I don’t believe I owe them or the UKPC any money. This is because I have been paying the parking permit fee from the day one I joined the University ( I was also not in the country for a week in April).

However, on the 18/05/2017 I received a ‘Final Reminder’ letter for 1 PCN with an offer of a reduce charger (reduced from £160 to £99) advising me to pay or else I will be reported to the UKPC with the recommendation of legal proceedings against me. To take up this offer I am given 14 days to respond so got around a week or so left.

I am absolutely fuming with this whole situation and have been under a lot of stress and anxiety. This is partly because the security officer at Brunel University has refused to cooperate with me in cancellation the charge, citing ‘it is unfair with others’. This whole saga can easily be resolved if the security office cooperate.

What shall I do? Continue to ignore their annoying letters or should get back to the UKPC asking them to stop harassing me.

Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Kindest of regards,
    Kaz
    Tags: None

Re: UKPC PCNs at Brunel University London

You can ignore DRP as they are merely debt collectors with no power. They may say they are referring for legal action but if that happens then they do not get any money, not a good business plan.

So who is the manager above the security officer? Perhaps a good kick in that direction might help.

The time to take action is when you receive a letter before claim from a solicitor or a claim form from the court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X