• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - order to vary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - order to vary

Hi.

I have am the creditor with an outstanding CCJ. The debtor obtained an Order to Vary which specified a monthly amount; for four months I have received no payments.

How can I get this Order to Vary overturned?

TIA
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ - order to vary

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...rce-a-judgment
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Many thanks. The only option here seems to be bailiffs for a number of reasons, however they have told me the OtV needs to be set aside before they can begin action.

Would I have to make an application to the court using an N244, or is there another route for the setting aside of an Order already made?

Comment

How much was the original Judgment for? You can also apply for a Variation Order on the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          How much was the original Judgment for? You can also apply for a Variation Order on the debt.

Judgement was just over £7.5k, costs made it just over £9k total

Comment

You should have tried transferring it to the High Court for enforcement. Still not to late to ring them for advice http://thesheriffsoffice.com/instruct-us-money-judgment

Just so you are aware if you submit an N244 cost is £255 unless you can claim remission.

Comment

You should have tried transferring it to the High Court for enforcement. Still not to late to ring them for advice http://thesheriffsoffice.com/instruct-us-money-judgment

Just so you are aware if you submit an N244 cost is £255 unless you can claim remission.
              I have transferred it to the High Court for enforcement and have a live HC writ, however they will not act whilst there is a "live" Order to Vary, hence why I want it set aside.

If N244 is the only route I will be giving the debtor the opportunity to settle in full before action so I can at least attempt to claim the costs back.

Comment

I'm surprised at their stance as the defendant has clearly broken the terms of the Variation Order. I would be asking the Court for directions rather than just filing an application.

Comment

I'm surprised at their stance as the defendant has clearly broken the terms of the Variation Order. I would be asking the Court for directions rather than just filing an application.
                  I know, nightmare. I can totally understand where they're coming from though given how highly regulated their sector is.

Comment

Not trying to pry but which HCEO have you gone with - some are much better than others.

Comment

Not trying to pry but which HCEO have you gone with - some are much better than others.
                      DCBL who were about as useful as a chocolate teapot , and TSO who are saying they can't act whilst a live OtV is in play

Comment

I'm surprised that is the Sheriffs Office reply as they are one of the better HCEOs. DCBL should have been put out to grass a long time ago.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X