• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Full and final settlement offer ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full and final settlement offer ?

Hi has anyone made a successful offer of full and final payment at a reduced rate to a DCA the day before a scheduled court hearing for a ccj the claim is for a credit card debt that was sold to hoist portfolio who are now taking this to court on wed 24th may ?
    Tags: None

Re: Full and final settlement offer ?

Just posted on your other thread - have you had witness statements exchanged ?

Yes people have settled just before court but how much of a discount seriously depended on their position with their defence.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've told them I have no money and no assets so I'm going to go bankrupt anyway so either take my offer or get nothing .

Comment

Yes we have exchanged witness statements they've denied my defence and provide DN and right of assignment , microfiche copy of agreement, and a copy of t and cs but not the original one .

Comment

Okay was the agreement off the back of a CCA request of just as part of standard evidence?

Does the microfiche copy include all the prescribed terms ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No I knew nothing about cca request at the time I only recently came across this site after I had already submitted my defence and I was convinced I was statute barred I only found out about this token payment through witness statement from hoists solicitors afterwards, it's down to the wire now I don't intend on going to court it's a case of I intend on making hoist a full and final settlement offer at a discount and if they refuse then apply for a dro straight after , because I assume if I go to court there gonna add all kinds of interest and changes on top of the debt , and tbh I'm worried about representing myself in court as I have no clue how to do that , so it's touch and go at the moment, I will update the outcome here , thanks for your help .

Comment

How was this token payment made? Can you remember it?

Comment

Yes it was made from my dads account without my permission whilst I was out of the country he had access to my computer and my password for the account was on auto save so he was pressured by payplan to keep the account open .

Comment

I attended court and the case was adjourned due to me providing evidence that I wasn't the person who made the token payment that is in dispute and he acted without my authority and against my wishes , so my question is am I in a better position to make them an offer.

Comment

The question I would ask is this

How do you rate your chances of winning?

That will be how the DCA will look at it, that and if you can actually afford to pay the debt

Comment

Adjourned for who to do what, & when?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Adjourned for me to make a stronger defence and for the claimant to counter that defence I suppose, I'll find out more when the court/ claimant sends out the info but the judge obviously thinks I have a legal case .

Comment

I want to thank you , all of you for the helpful advice , thank you it's appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X