• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gregory pennington /think money ppi missell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory pennington /think money ppi missell

Hi all

I am new to the site so am looking for direction on this matter . I was with GP from September 2004 in a DMP. Until 2009 this was paid monthly with their fee and creditor payments shown on a statement. As I am a horder I found a statement last month and saw a suspect 'sterling ppi' payment on this list,which appeared across the board with no acc number etc. Of course I know this was a useless product so raised the complaint . As my complaint was worded as awareness they have time locked and rejected my complaint. I was unhappy with their response firstly because although I saw it on statements I didn't know what it was for ...how would I? Also on their letter they state I would have been asked upon review about my situation ie employment to check product relevance. Now 100% I did not work as had my first child so if that had been asked I would have told them. Anyway financial ombudsman cannot help as at the date of sale the company was not regulated by them (2mths later this happenned) . I called the gentleman up who had closed my complaint and he said he had investigated and was happy I was aware. I am awaiting the response he gives as I am not happy with the reliance on advisor system notes as I was not working and also another factor I stated is that okay ,so I saw it on statements but I wasn't knowledgeable as to what it was etc why would I be if nobody explained ?! Please help as I paid this for 5yrs at almost £13 permonth and I think it scandalous they have used my ignorance at the time to their advantage. Surely this is praying on the vulnerable as a DMP customer is surely easy prey as pretty desperate for help so believe they are meant to be helping you at the time.
    Also it had a history of medical factors which had they asked would have .adequate ppi void anyhow !
    Thanks so much in advance everyone...
    Tags: None

Re: Gregory pennington /think money ppi missell

Hi

I was with Gregory Pennington and was paying Sterling Insurance PPI.

I went to the FOS and was refunded for 75% of the monies I paid to GP with interest on top.

I joined GP 2002 and stop using them in 2011 and the case started with FOS in 2013 and finished in 2014, with my monies being refunded.

Go back to the FOS, they have to help you, because Sterling Insurance has been regulated since Dec 2001.

Good Luck

Caz

Comment

Hi Caz,

This is interesting. My situation is exactly the same as yours.

I had had my complaint turned down by GP in 2012 but did not go to the ombudsman.

I have just phoned the FOS there and spoke to someone and they said they can’t look into it as GP was only regulated in 2007.

I mentioned your post with regards to Sterling Insurance being regulated in 2001 but they said as the initial phonecall and “sign up” to GP DMP was with them then they can’t look into it .

Do do you have any other info to help my case?

Best Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X