• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defending on a CCJ Statute Barred Debt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending on a CCJ Statute Barred Debt.

Hi everyone

I received a CCJ request via Arrow/Restons for an old debt on a Sainsbury's credit card.
    After checking my one and only bank account for the past seven years no payments were ever made in relation to the debt. No contact made from me to acknowledge the debt in any way.

I put in a defence of Statute Barred,maybe in haste as I was, and am convinced no payments were made by me since 2009.I was also a little bit terrified to be honest.

The problem I have is that on an old credit report of mine dated 2012 it shows random payments had been made on the account in the 1-12 months bracket.So I assume this would cover the year 2012

I am flummoxed as I have been through my one and only bank account with a fine tooth comb and there is nothing at all to support these payments were ever made.The figures are all quite random with varying amounts being paid .There is literally nothing there for that year or the years previous or after that bears any relation to this.

Does anyone have any idea how this could happen?

Would be so grateful for any help
    Tags: None

Re: Defending on a CCJ Statute Barred Debt.

Hi Heebee23, welcome to LB.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for the welcome

Comment

Could you give us an approximate idea of the alleged debt?

Even better if you could post up, or type verbatim, the Particulars of Claim (removing personal details).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
          The details are as follows.

The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendants under a contract between the defendant and Sainsbury's Bank.dated on or about Aug 04 2006 and assigned to the claimant on April 23 2013.

Particulars a/c no xxxxxxxxxxxx

Default balance £5878.61
          Post Refrl credit Nil

Total £5878.68

Comment

Have you ever sent a CCA request off to anyone or maybe a SAR?

If not you should get a CCA request off to Arrow global asap and a SAR to Sainsbury
            The templates are in the green box at the top
            the CCA needs a £1 cheque or postal order amd goes to Arrow
            the SAR needs a £10 payment and goes to Sainsbury- that may shed light on the payments
            I would also send a CPR 31.14 request off to restons asking for the contract and notice and deed of assignment
            [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Ok, thanks.

How long ago did you file your defence?
              Has the court accepted it & sent it to the Claimant yet?

EDIT
              X-posts with [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION].........again, lol! (Evening, Warwick! )
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

EDIT
                X-posts with @warwick65.........again, lol! (Evening, Warwick! )
                Evening

Sorry just saw it and started typing - better than washing up

Comment

I will do that as a matter of urgency on Monday.

I was my usual self and acted first and thought about it after.
                  Does it matter that I have already given my defence without sending the documents out that you list above?

I think I went in all guns a blazing as I am absolutely certain I haven't made a payment and my bank statements support this.

I just don't know how there can be any payments there at all,it just doesn't make sense.
                  I pay everything through my bank account and would never entertain paying for anything in cash.I am to
                  lazy for a start.I can't think of a single time I have ever payed a bill by cash!

Flummoxed I am,Flummoxed

Comment

get the documents sent on Monday

There may be a possibility of amending your defence but I'm not sure of the technicalities, if it will cost you ( probably if you are working) and how you go about it. It may not even be necessary - see what others say

Comment

Sorry missed the post about how long ago that I filed.

I filed it on Thursday online,,like I said all guns a blazing.Feel like a proper twat now as I should have come on here first,shouldn't I.

The only thing I have going for me is that their is no record of any payments.

Will send of the letters and await a response.

Has there ever been a case where payments show in credit file but not made by the debtor?

Comment

There may be a small window of opportunity to amend the defence without cost, depending on whether or not the court has processed the submitted one.

Can you access your details via MCOL?
                        If not, phone the court on Monday as early as poss for a status update.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I can access it through MCOL,
                          If I need to amend it what should I amend it too.
                          Or should I just ask for more time .

Comment

See what it says on MCOL & let us know.
                            & send the CCA, CPR & SAR letters anyway, per Warwick's post above
                            Circa £6k, so you want to give yourself the best possible fighting chance,
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

This is the info on MCOL.

A claim was issued against you on 15/05/2017

Your defence was submitted on 17/05/2017 at 20:48:44

Your defence was received on 18/05/2017 at 08:02:27

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X