• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPM and Social Housing Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPM and Social Housing Parking

Hello Everyone.

I visited a friend on 29/04/17 in the early evening. Today, 20/05/17 I received a letter from CPM UK Car Park Management that a PCN was issued on 16/05/17 in relation to my visit on 29/04/17.An operative did not attend to see the apparent parking, a tennant at the flats takes photos of cars, sends them to CPM who then issue PCN's

The area is split into two parking areas, one on the left, one on the right, with main entry driveway down the middle. I have attached 11 photos for you to look at.

The block of flats is owned by a social housing association that has its head office in Newbury, West Berkshire.
    As you can see from the photos there is :

1 - no mention of permits being needed on any of the signs,
    2 - only a couple of the bays have numbers which I think relates to flat number
    3 - there are no designated visitor parking bays
    4 - even though its private land, surely visitors are allowed to drive to the site and park up to visit a tennant.

CPM001 - Location of Parking sign nearest to where my car was parked
    CPM002 - Close up picture of the sign
    CPM003 - The bay my car was parked in when receiving the PCN
    CPM004 - A parking bay with a designated flat number
    CPM005 - Majority of the bays do not have designated flat numbers, or visitor parking signs
    CPM006 - Sign on entry stating it is private parking
    CPM007 - Parking sign in right hand side car park
    CPM008 - Cars parked in bays with no designated flat numbers, or visitor parking
    CPM009 - Vehicles park on the main entry road / pavement
    CPM010 - Vehicles park on the main entry road / pavement
    CPM011 - Vehicles park on the main entry road / pavement

I read that as its private land, then the PCN is actually an invoice (contract law), and that by appealing you are agreeing that the invoice is valid. I have also emailed DVLA today to see if CPM are legally allowed to get driver vehicle details from DVLA. But Im bothered by the fact that the "Offence" took place on 29/04, The offence wasnt recorded at CPM for 17 days, and then it took fours days for the letter to arrive. I wanted to know if there is a nice letter to send, which doesnt accept liability, but tells CPM they're talking rubbish and Im not paying.

Thanks
    Phillip
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: CPM and Social Housing Parking

Next set of photos added
    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X