• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrangement to pay on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrangement to pay on credit file

Hi All,

I wanted to check the following situation

We had been financially suffering during 2013 and sadly had not been paying our service charge on our flat. The service charge company contacted the mortgage provider who immediately paid off the service charge amount owing.

After speaking with the mortgage company it was agreed we would make additional payments ontop of our mortgage payment per month to clear this amount.

for the next 19 months we continued to send one payment per month covering both the mortgage payment and additional to clear the service charge amount.

I have noticed on our credit file that for this period the mortgage company reported the arrangement to pay. My main issue is that the AP flag on our credit file is quite misleading. It wasnt a case that we were not paying the original loan amount but rather making additional payments for the service charge arrears.

I have asked the mortgage company to amend the record as it is misleading in my opinion but they have refused stating that they must accurately report data. The AP stopped about 24 months ago and shows this on my credit file.

Is there anyway to get them to remove the recorded AP? or am I incorrect and these should show.

thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X