• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global-restons solicitors v gazza141 court papers received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow global-restons solicitors v gazza141 court papers received

Hello guys can you please advice me on the following please.

Received claim form dated 11th may.
    Claimant Arrow Global Limited
    Solicitors Rentons Limited
    original Creditor HSBC
    Amount £3061 plus court cost
    particulars of claim

The Claimant claims payment the overdue balanced from the defendant under contract between the defendant and HSBC
    dated onor about may 15 2006 and assigned to the claimant 0n ~March 28 2014
    PARTICULARS a/c no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Background
    I had a hsbc business account with a 5k overdraft from around 2006 due to recession and ill heath my business count carry on so I could not pay off my overdraft but during the time I was struggling hsbc phoned me and said I need to clear the overdraft and as I had no money ,they said take a loan from us.but to be accept for the loan I must take payment protection.Back to the wall I accepted.
    Loan payed into account overdraft gone except they left overdraft in place so I used it up to max again without a single phone call or letter from hsbc.
    I struggled along for a couple of years till in the end ill heath finished me off.
    I had almost payed of the loan a balance of around £600 left £5000 overdrawn I did claim on ppi and got paid around £2700 paid straight into my overdrawn hsbc account now overdrawn £2300 and £600 unpaid to loan
    hence the amount of claim.
    Had few letters from different debt buyers but just ignored them as the was no way to pay .
    according to my credit report the last payment on the overdraft was August 2011 balance £2368 and last payment on loan August 2011 balance £691
    the account number on my credit file don't match the one on claim form.
    I am going to file acknowledgment of service but need advice on what to do after I've done that
    its because of the loan /overdraft thing I'm not sure how to proceed

thanks to anybody who can help
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow global-restons solicitors v gazza141 court papers received

Hi gazza

Personal loan?
    Send a CCA request + £1 fee to the Claimant. (Quote ss77-79 CCA 1974)
    CPR 31.14 letter to the solicitor. (Ask for an accurate copy of the contract, copies of all relevant Notices of Assignment & Deeds of Assignment & any relevant notices of default).
    SAR + £10 fee to the original creditor, HSBC.

It would appear that they've rolled the 2 debts into one convenient (they think!) package.
    But the loan is CCA regulated.
    A big headache for them.
    Plus it is pre-April 2007.
    Migraine time.

See green box, top of thread for examples.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

thanks foe speedy response do I not mention its a overdraft and a loan or just act numb.
      what about ac no not matching .
      I know I was defiantly misold the loan but not claimed for it incase it affected the time Barr aspect.
      seems there giving it a go before it reaches 6 year time bar.
      seem a bunch go chancers to me .

Comment

I have seen anecdotal reports of multiple debts being wrapped up together & then being given a new reference number, but I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

The SAR should cut through their Gordian Knot, though!

The PPI issue may be relevant to your defence, so keep it in mind for closer to the defence deadline.

For the time being, acknowledge asap, (tick defend in full, no dialogue in the 'defence box'), & fire off those letters, keep copies & get proof of posting.

Where do you live? (E/W/S/NI etc)

What is the claim issue date?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          I have seen anecdotal reports of multiple debts being wrapped up together & then being given a new reference number, but I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
          I have

Di

Comment

I live in England
            claims issue date is 11th may

Comment

Good afternoon
              I've done the acknowledgment of service online and stated I am going to defend in full.
              do I just use the standard template letters on this forum.
              what advantage does ore 2007 give me?
              also do I not do anything about my defence till I've had a reply from rentons or arrow.

Thanks again for all the help so far.

Comment

hi everyone
                all paper sent as advised in previous post ,what the deadline for my defence, what if I don't hear anything from rentons before my deadline.
                just like to know where I stand and get my dates set in my mind

Thanks Again

Comment

When was the court claim issue date?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

11th may

Comment

Originally posted by gazza141 View Post
                      11th may
                      +33 days..............!3th June.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hi everyone I've not got any reply from rentons or arrow to the first letters I sent and my deadline date is fast approaching for my defence. whats the best course of action I can take now.

Comment

hi every one,Im getting a bit concerned about having to submit my defence in a couple of day and have had no response from rentons or arrow global regarding the first letters I sent CCA to arrow CPR to rentons its been 2 weeks or longer is this normal for them to not even acknowledge they have received them. or some kind of tactic.
                          also how will this affect my defence can I still submit without response from them.
                          can someone just put my mind at ease please really need to feel back in control of the whole situation.
                          can I still apply for extension?

Comment

If you used this forum's CPR template, it invites the Claimant/solicitors to agree an extension.
                            If they haven't replied or have turned down the offer, there's no advantage to you in chasing it.
                            Submit your defence in a timely fashion (within 33 days of the court claim issue date).
                            Your defence will largely be that they have failed to disclose information.
                            & as if the loan was also pre April 2007, if it were me I'd mention that in the defence as well.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hi charitynjw thanks for such a speedy reply is there any templates knocking about to cover my case.
                              also do I mention that these are two different loan OD or should I not reveal that at this point
                              will the court order them to send the documents and can they bundle debts together.
                              thanks again feel bit better now is there no way they can get judgment against me with out disclosing documents requested.
                              they obviously don't have ant documentation in the hand or they would know its two separate debts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X