• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rogue Landlord and Estate Agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue Landlord and Estate Agents

So I've been step father to 3 children under 10.. Two have autism and the third is a star.. I've been with there mum for a year this Wednesday and we've had the the three!!! @ the start of our relationship we had social care on our case making assumptions staging both of us through the dirt for them to eight months later decide that there was no need for there intervention.. Now very sensitive information given last year is being used against us by a certain member of our local councils housing team.. At Christmas we faced another up heval due to the landlords disrepair of the house.. We were flooded out due too a pipe join under the bath coming apart!! At 2 am we had the fire brigade pumping 2 inch of water out of the house. Then we were told that the house was un safe for occupation. First of all the landlord accused us of causing the damage and has left us living in the upper part of the house for the last 4 months.. Decoration of the property has taken 4 months to be started and now it's all done we were handed notice last Friday.. The landlord has no interest in keeping his property in a standard that is live in able.. During this tenancy my partner has been bullied by both the estate agent and the landlord himself.. Jobs reported for repair in the last 5 year's have only just been rectified now that the landlord has given us notice... I'm lost can anyone help or advice?? Thank you...
    Tags: None

Re: Rogue Landlord and Estate Agents

Hi

What type of notice did he give, when does it expire.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Section 21 passion order expires 17 July 2p17

Comment

ok, section 21, end of tenancy notice.

heres the write upo from shelter, did he protect the orrigional deposit, thats the easyest way to defend a section 21.

Do you think the LL will negoteate with you, if you still want to stay in the property. If not, getting the notice can help you get assistance from the council faster

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...iction_process
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

No he won't let us stay as he's put the rent up three times already.. he's tight so were thinking it's his excuse to get another emit that he can bully..

Comment

Council are no use as the officer we are dealing with has personal issues that seem to be infringing on harassment.. When he was informed y the kids were under s/c his whole demeaner changed and he seems to have the I have the power and I can't be bothered with you attitude that he has had since he gave is false information at Christmas when we were actually homeless...

Comment

Originally posted by Stofie16 View Post
              Section 21 passion order expires 17 July 2p17
              I presume you mean the Section 21 Notice seeks possession of the property on 17th July not that your Landlord already has a Possession Order (from the court) which expires on 17th July?

If you don't move out on that date the Landlord would need to make an Application to the court for an Eviction Warrant if a Possession Order has already been granted.

If a Possession Order hasn't already been granted then your Landlord would have to make an Application to the court for possession once the Section 21 Notice expires.

However why don't you read about "Revenge Eviction" otherwise known as "Retaliatory Eviction". This is when the court refuses to grant possession under Section 21 if it's been sought following a Tenant's complaint abut the property's poor condition or the need for repairs >

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...sk_for_repairs

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X