• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED**** Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD, BW Legal court form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD, BW Legal court form, need help and advice please

Hey guys, If anyone could have a look at my WS above I would be greatful.
    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
      I'm amazed that they can send me an arreas letter that is not from the original creditor, and this can remedy the s87?!!
      From what you've posted on this thread they have sent you a Notice of Sums in Arrears (s 86) which is quite properly served by the current owner of a debt and not the original creditor.

This Notice has nothing to do with the Default Notice (s 87) so that's not been remedied if they haven't produce it (the DN) or a reconstituted one.

The Claimant's WS will/may include Exhibits so see what they do/don't come up with.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
        Hi all my court date is 14th November so i need to get my WS in asap.

If you could offer any advise I would be grateful.

IN THE xxxxxx COUNTY COURT
        CLAIM NUMBER: xxxxxxx

BETWEEN:
        LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD
        AND
        Maestro

WITNESS STATEMENT OF Maestro

I Maestro, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

1: I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.

2: This claim is for a credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

4: On 13/05/2017 I made a written request to the Claimants for a copy of the credit agreement under s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclosed payment of £1.

5: Consumer Credit Act s.77(1) states:

Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

(1)The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a)the total sum paid under the agreement by the debtor;

(b)the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the debtor but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due; and

(c)the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

6: The Claimant has failed to comply with s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s.77(4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

7: Consumer Credit Act s.77(4) states;
        (4)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
        (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

8: The Claimant has mentioned the Credit Agreement, the Default Notice and the Assignment in its Statement of Case.

9: On 13/05/2017, in order to obtain more information about the claim, I made a written request to the Claimants solicitors, BW Legal, requesting that the Claimant provides copies of the credit agreement, the default notice and the assignment, mentioned in the statement of case.

10: The Claimant has provided none of these documents.

11: The Claimant has not complied with my formal request for the Credit Agreement under s.77(1) and therefore is unable to enforce the debt at this time.

12: The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

13: The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from HFC Bank Ltd to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd on 23/12/2011. I do not recall receiving a notice of this assignment.

14: I do not recall HFC Bank Ltd serving any Default notice to me pursuant to s87 Consumer credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon me.

15: Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

16: I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

Statement of Truth:

The statements above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief:

Written by Maestro (Defendant)
        Dated: 28th October 2017

Is anyone able to check my WS please? I need to send it tomorrow as my case is on 14th November.

Many thanks

Comment

**UPDATE**

I spoke to the court today and they confirmed they have my WS but they dont have the Claiments at present. I havnt recieved it either.
          How much time will they allow for this? I thought it was 14 days before the case date? (my hearing is 14th November).

What happens if I dont recieve a WS from the claiment?

Comment

It is normally 14 days before the hearing, so you should have had it by today really, however double check on the second page of your hearing notification as sometimes they do give exact dates and times rather than 14 days before. Also normally states on there any sanction.

If they don't file a WS then they can't use their exhibits at the hearing - well, that's the formal line, but in small claims track they can sometimes get around it, however we do find in these cases where they haven't supplied the documents that they make a 'commercial' decision to discontinue rather than go to the effort of sending witness statements and exhibits and going through a hearing. Once you've checked dates on the letter, I wouldn't get too concerned for a couple of days to allow for postal delays.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              It is normally 14 days before the hearing, so you should have had it by today really, however double check on the second page of your hearing notification as sometimes they do give exact dates and times rather than 14 days before. Also normally states on there any sanction.

If they don't file a WS then they can't use their exhibits at the hearing - well, that's the formal line, but in small claims track they can sometimes get around it, however we do find in these cases where they haven't supplied the documents that they make a 'commercial' decision to discontinue rather than go to the effort of sending witness statements and exhibits and going through a hearing. Once you've checked dates on the letter, I wouldn't get too concerned for a couple of days to allow for postal delays.
              My stress levels are still high but lowered a bit reading this.
              On with the waiting game.

No matter what happens i'm grateful for this forum and those who have taken the time out of there own free time to reply.

Comment

No worries, see how things stand next Wednesday - then if the WS and documents were going to come they'd be there - so you'll know the position and can take action if needed.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

***Notice of Discontinuance***

Hi all.
                  I came home this afternoon to a Notice of Discontinuance, which based on other threads is a good thing!
                  So happy!

I would like to offer thanks to specifically @MIKE770 [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] and [MENTION=108731]amethsyt[/MENTION] . Without your help and encouragement over the past 5 months I would not be in this position.

Hopfully my thread can help others to push forward and not give up when it comes to matters like these.

Best

Maestr0

Comment

Didn't even have to wait till next Wednesday

CONGRATULATIONS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Didn't even have to wait till next Wednesday

CONGRATULATIONS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      I KNOW .

I'm just trying to ring the court to update them.

Comment

I wouldn't worry just yet, they will get a copy too, but takes them a couple days to register it ( they're a bit slow on post opening and recording it on the system) so ... well, wait and check with them next Wednesday ( ) that they've received it and all is well
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: *** DISCONTINUED**** Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD, BW Legal court form

well done

court may need 5 days to catch up with mail

Comment

5 days... hmmm think that takes you to Wednesday, if you exclude weekend and include today.... lol ...

It'll be nice to put this behind you, it's from a shitty time, so deserves to be gone. Well done for sticking up for yourself and not just giving up xxxxxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I wouldn't worry just yet, they will get a copy too, but takes them a couple days to register it ( they're a bit slow on post opening and recording it on the system) so ... well, wait and check with them next Wednesday ( ) that they've received it and all is well
                              Ok, Im a little excited, but i'll chill till next week.

Comment

Nice one!
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X