• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Colleague forwarded personal texts to my manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleague forwarded personal texts to my manager

Ca someone help me please. I had a particularly bad day at work I only popped in to deliver my sick note and my boss lied to me about a couple of things. I was so angry when I left as I considered him a friend. I said nothing at the time. At nine o'clock that night a colleague/ friend at work text me to ask how I was as she had seen me leave looking quite annoyed I vented via text to her about how I can't stand lies how do I trust the boss anymore how disappointed I was etc because he said x y z. She told me she would have a word. I said no leave it, I will sort it myself and speak to him in a few days when I have calmed down and when I return to work. Firmly believing that due to how my boss and I got on I could approach it and talk it out. I was so angry I needed time to sort my thoughts. She forwarded all my personal texts to her to the boss, who has now taken a grievance out against me as I haven't displayed the values of respect within the company. These were private personal texts on personal phones where I vented my frustration to who I thought was a friend. Where do I stand, surely a basic human right is to have freedom of speech and not to have a personal text to someone made public as this text has now been sent to all those investigating things I said my boss had done which re the truth. etc and after 12 years working for the company I have been told could result in a final written warning for not adhering to company values. These were personal texts at nine o'clock at night while I was off sick.
    Tags: None

Re: Colleague forwarded personal texts to my manager

Glad you registered here. I'll ask [MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] to look at this thread and ask site team to move it into employment law section so that people can help you more.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Does your company have a policy regarding mobile communications/social media or something similar? Many companies now have in place comprehensive policies that cover use of your own personal device or personal use of social media platforms like twitter and Facebook and the impact of comments outside the work-place/work-time made via them.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I would say nothing more about the matter to anyone connected with the workplace and when you go to the investigation meeting taking a statement saying something like:

This was not a public communication. It was a private conversation on my personal phone responding to an enquiry from someone I believed to be a friend. I had no reason to believe that it be shared with anyone else specifically because when the other party said that they would have a word I instructed them not to.
          If this had been a publicly accessible conversation on Facebook or other social media I would acknowledge that the question of whether it adhered to company values could arise. But this was not the case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X