• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist/Howard Cohen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist/Howard Cohen

Originally posted by ADDLED View Post
    Brilliant, thanks again. I'm off to the post office to wrestle with one of their self-service machines.
    You need to send everything by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to evidence that they were sent especially if your requests are ignored.

You can do that on the self-service machines in my local post office but not all of them have that facility especially if you live in the sticks

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      You need to send everything by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to evidence that they were sent especially if your requests are ignored.

You can do that on the self-service machines in my local post office but not all of them have that facility especially if you live in the sticks

Di
      Yeah we have that but its a bit half-arsed; still needs the man to come over with the sticker and also stamp the proof of postage.

Comment

needs the man to come over with the sticker and also stamp the proof of postage.
        Proof of Posting should be enough to count as "deemed served" but having the Signed For Track & Trace service is best because you can then hit them with a signature from the Royal Mail website when/if they try to say they never got it.

That happened in one of our cases in court only this morning. Fortunately we were able to show the DJ the Special Delivery receipt with the Claimant's employee's name on it.

Gotcha

Di

Comment

Proof of Posting should be enough to count as "deemed served" but having the Signed For Track & Trace service is best because you can then hit them with a signature from the Royal Mail website when/if they try to say they never got it.

That happened in one of our cases in court only this morning. Fortunately we were able to show the DJ the Special Delivery receipt with the Claimant's employee's name on it.

Gotcha

Di
          Ha, I bet their solicitor squirmed when you proved they lied.
          I made sure i sent it recorded but I remember I didn't sign the letter, although my name was typed at the bottom. Is that ok?

Comment

Further update.
            Neither Cohen nor Hoist have responded to cca/cpr requests but i had a letter from Robinson Way telling me they had put the case on hold following my letters.
            I called Cohen today and they said that the Robinson letters are correct so i asked for a letter from them. They kept saying that I can rely on the Robinson letters so I said that the court wouldnt accept them as they arent named on the claim as either claimant or legal representative. Finally they admitted that theyre waiting for docs from Hoist and it's not on hold. Reluctantly they agreed to send me written confirmation. What a bunch of sharks!
            Its 24 days since I sent the requests so should I ask the court to strike out?
            Tks.
            Add

Comment

Imho, it's very unlikely that the court will strike out a claim for the non-disclosure of documents.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi again. Ive since received the attached from Cohen for one of the accounts (there were 2 claims, one each for Visacard and Mastercard).

There are no dates on their claim nor on the agreement to indicate when the agreement was taken out, the only dates on the agreement show 2012 on the top of a few pages, no signature etc.

Would someone please take a look and let me know what they think?
                cheers!
                ADD
                Attached Files

Comment

***BUMP***

Hi, would someone please be kind and take a look at the attached letter and agreement from Cohen. Im really worried as theyre restarted the court procdess and i really need to get a defence in asap.
                  thanks
                  ADD

Comment

Hi ADDLED

What is the issue date on the Court claim form?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

would someone please be kind and take a look at the attached letter and agreement from Cohen. Im really worried as theyre restarted the court procdess and i really need to get a defence in asap.
                      Golly, I see you've not filed your Defence to a claim which was issued at the beginning of May (your first post was 5th May).

You need to do that today!

In fact you should have done that in June.

Di

Ive since received the attached from Cohen for one of the accounts (there were 2 claims, one each for Visacard and Mastercard).
                      Do you mean you have received two separate claims from Hoist - one for each credit card account?

Or do you mean that there's one claim but it's for two separate accounts?

Di

Neither Cohen nor Hoist have responded to cca/cpr requests but i had a letter from Robinson Way telling me they had put the case on hold following my letters.
                      ^ ^ ^ ^ You posted this on 30th May so do you have an update?

Have you received a response to your CPR 31.14 Request and have they produced the DN, NOA etc?

Did you send the SAR to Barclaycard as I suggested several times in May, and if so have you had a response with all the account history (the information/data for both accounts should be included in one SAR)?

Di

Hi again. Ive since received the attached from Cohen for one of the accounts
                      I've re-read that letter from Howard Cohen and in the last paragraph they ask you to withdraw your Defence, so one of two things seem to have happened.

Either you filed a Defence online by mistake when you filed your AOS (it's easy to enter something in the Defence box in error).

Or HC have sent you a template letter which would usually be sent to someone who has already filed a Defence, perhaps because more than two months have elapsed since the claim was issued which exceeds the time allowed for an extension agreed between the parties.

Di

Its 24 days since I sent the requests so should I ask the court to strike out?
                      ^ ^ ^ ^ I've now seen this post from 30th May.

Did you make an Application to strike out their claim?

I ask because that letter from Howard Cohen says in the last sentence: "we've been instructed by our client to oppose your application" and it warns you of the costs consequences if they're successful.

What Application?

This is a £9k claim so now's the time to focus

Di
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 16th July 2017, 14:16:PM.

Comment

Hi Diana, thanks so much for your reply. They've been telling me the case is on hold and ive been waiting for the docs to arrive. Answered as best I can below. Any more help would be so gratefully appreciated.
                        ADD

Golly, I see you've not filed your Defence to a claim which was issued at the beginning of May (your first post was 5th May).

Yeah I know, but Cohen wrote to me after I sent them the CCA request, telling me the the account was on hold.

Di

Do you mean you have received two separate claims from Hoist - one for each credit card account?

One for Visa, one for MasterCard.

so do you have an update?
                        Have you received a response to your CPR 31.14 Request and have they produced the DN, NOA etc?

Only update is the previously attached agreement they sent me a few weeks ago via snailmail. No DN/NOA. Again, no date on claim form or the agreement of when the agreement was taken out.

Did you send the SAR to Barclaycard as I suggested several times in May, and if so have you had a response with all the account history (the information/data for both accounts should be included in one SAR)?

Yep, no response from Barclays.

I've re-read that letter from Howard Cohen and in the last paragraph they ask you to withdraw your Defence, so one of two things seem to have happened.
                        Either you filed a Defence online by mistake when you filed your AOS (it's easy to enter something in the Defence box in error).

Or HC have sent you a template letter which would usually be sent to someone who has already filed a Defence, perhaps because more than two months have elapsed since the claim was issued which exceeds the time allowed for an extension agreed between the parties.

I haven't filed a defence, just an acknowledgement and the CCA/CPR/SAR requests.

No.

I ask because that letter from Howard Cohen says in the last sentence: "we've been instructed by our client to oppose your application" and it warns you of the costs consequences if they're successful.

What Application?

Haha,... believe me, i'm VERY focused!

Di

Comment

Di

Di

^ ^ ^ ^ You posted this on 30th May so do you have an update?

Di

Di

What Application?

Di
                          My posts have been deleted and edited.

I make separate posts for a reason. I like to break down issues into bite size chunks.

I do know how to multiquote but I choose not to do it at times.

If I'm not conforming to a forum standard for writing then please send me an email. All of a sudden I'm finding lots of my posts edited

Di

Comment

They haven't been edited, just merged together as you made 8 posts directly after one another, often someone will only read the last post on a thread so may have missed the rest of your queries. Addled has replied to each of your posts, in red, which seems quite clear to me.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Diana and Amethyst, I get whats happened.
                              I forgot to mention the date on the claim form is 20th April.
                              tks
                              ADD

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                you made 8 posts directly after one another
                                There were five posts not eight posts and they were made over a half-hour period.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X