• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades gateway

Im looking to find out how I go about getting a refund from tradesgateway I was promised the world and have been paying a fortune as a gas engineer ive been competing and passing all my tma work , I contacted them over the past few months voicing my concerns they seemed a bit cagey and then had to phone a number I was emailed , and spoke to Howard who said I would need to go to Leeds for a month , when I signed up I was told my practical would be in Livingston for two weeks, I was also told I would be walking into a job by the company , Howard informed me I would have to go begging around company's and was quite tickled by this , ive been shelling out nearly 6 grand over the past 2 years , I was told I would be in full time employment by now at the begining and could claim back my fee money as tax and business expenses ive just became a dad for the first time and struggling for money,I feel I am being , and have been from day one lied to and conned by this company , if any one can help of have info on how I can get my money back it would be greatly appreciated thanks ,
    Tags: None

Re: Trades gateway

What do you have in writing? Howard would probably deny what you say he said

Comment

I have nothing in writing only verbally , there had been little to no communication from them , I do my assesments n send them off this has been going on since the begining , I work full time aswell as doing this course,but I started thinking that they were being a little amateurish especially as I was told I would become fully qualified gas engineer , it's a finance company they have went through , could I just contact them or jus stop my direct debet , I got in contact with the "assesor" who inducted me and he says he no longer works for them and left shortly after I joined up ( good timing) he says to his knowledge at the time there was practical exam center in Livingston and that's where I would be going , I really wanted this to be legitimate so much to give my family a better life I feel like I was just told what I wanted to hear so they could get my money I feel so stupid 😔

Comment

What was the name of the man who came out to see you, we are having issues with then as Well my partner never started the course called to cancel before he was due to start and they said they can't refund the money back to the finance company so now the finance company want 7000 for somethi g he never started or got anything put of.

Comment

Paul Docherty I still have him in my phone if that's any help I'll give u his number

Comment

The finance company cannot do that consumer rights state that's a product or service which does not do what was intended or promised had to refund the consumer if it does not follow up on its promise I'd be inclined to ask why the finance company is need as the funds would just be going back to them any way , I've stopped my direct debt to the finance company and am waitin to hear from them

Comment

Be careful simply stopping payments to the Finance company as they can put a default marker on your credit file (which could stay there for 6 years) and potentially take you to court for the balance. I'll have to have a read back of your exact situation, to be able to help at all, and probably tomorrow now xx I'm not aware of there ever having been a TG training centre in Livingston - was this a City & Guilds 'course' btw?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Or BPEC?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm not paying another penny to them I've paid in good faith and all I've had is lies from them , I was told my two weeks practical would be in livingstone at the start this was fine , if they had said Leeds at the time I would not have went for it . There must be something that can be done surely lying to people to get there money then ****ing them over is illegal ,

Comment

In which case you need to make a complaint direct to the finance company about the misrepresentation - they are jointly liable for a refund. I know it is a pain but you must go through the complaints process with them before you can take it to the Financial Ombudsman. You should also make a complaint to Trading Standards about the course and misrepresentation of it and the location of the obligatory practical training element.

Was it City & Guilds ? Need to investigate whether TG can say there WAS a training centre for Gas engineering in Livingston historically ( ie when you were sold the course )

eg. Did TG have an arrangement with ...
                    http://nationwidetrainingservices.co.uk/
                    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC248742/
                    Gas Safe Engineer Training

Our courses are designed to meet the requirements of Gas Safety Training and Gas Safety Assessment. We serve gas engineers throughout Scotland including Livingston, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Paisley and Ayrshire. We have courses specifically designed for current Gas Safe Registered gas engineers, plumbers and heating engineers. As well as a Scottish based training centre we can also serve clients throughout the UK.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yup that must be the ones ,thanks it's was to get registered as has safe and qualified

Comment

I was sold on the promise it would be livingstone I know this for a fact because even befor I was due my practical I looked up hotels and routes to and from livingstone , and the fact I would be walking straight into a job , then having to chase someone up from the company after not hearing from them in two years to be told I need to go to Leeds and I'd be lucky to get a job any where I'd need to "beg" for work , definitely something fishy with this company totally lied to in order to get money over the last few days I've been trying to contact someone from the company and am being past from pillar to post over my queries . Thanks for your help .

Comment

I also have a text on my phone from the guy who inducted me who says there definitely was a training facility in livingstone and still is , but he does not work for them any more , trades gateway are saying there isn't .

Comment

Okay that centre in Livingston still seems to be in operation so it may well be worth calling them and asking if they have ever had any arrangement to train engineers on the TG course - if you can get something in writing then later, if TG come back and say they did use them at the time you were sold the course, you will have evidence one way or the other. You probably want an answer from TG first to find out where the centre in Livingston was and when it closed and why you weren't notified etc - or ask the text guy you've been able to communicate with where the Livingston centre was and a bit more detail - had he ever visited it etc etc? TG may have used to have an arrangement with a centre in Livingston but dont now? And if they do still have an arrangement - why can you not train there?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

AfaIk, for 'gas' candidates who do not have prior experience or prior relevant qualifications, a prerequisite for the ACS is a portfolio of gas work supervised via an appropriate company. This, I believe, is in addition to the training 'practical'.
                              How was this explained to you by the salesperson?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X