• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke CCJ Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke CCJ Help Please

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Morning, Warwick

Would 'comply' be better?
    Morning Charity

Yes I think you are right- comply would be a much better way of putting it

Comment

or "Ve Hav Vays Of Making You" Yaahhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Morning Charity

Yes I think you are right- comply would be a much better way of putting it

It's just that the dalek around my part of the country may be dfferent to yours.

Edit
        *dialect..............sorry!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          It's just that the dalek around my part of the country may be dfferent to yours.

Edit
          *dialect..............sorry!

"Stupid Boy Pike" booom booommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Thank you warwick

Comment

Hi, Sorry to bother you again. I've had a look at the defence template and I just feel overwhelmed by all of it. I'm getting myself stressed because I don't know where to start. I don't know if I should say I deny the claimants statement because I haven't received any info about the debt. Could someone help please?

Thank you.

Comment

I don't know if I should say I deny the claimants statement because I haven't received any info about the debt.
                One of the things you are saying is that you are denying the Claimant's statements in their claim particulars until/unless they supply sufficient information for you to assess your legal position.
                As far as you are concerned, a court claim has been made against you for a sum of money, that claim based on an alleged breach of contract. This places a burden on the Claimant to prove, both in fact & in law, that you do legally owe the alleged debt. To do so, they need to provide supporting evidence, & they need to demonstrate that they, or their predecessors, have followed the correct legal procedures, including the wording of the original contract & any variations which may have been made to it.
                You are not necessarily saying you didn't borrow, you are contesting their legal right to enforce the agreement.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you charitynjw

Comment

The other thing that you can do in the defence is to raise points which have not been mentioned in their particulars. An example would be if you had reason to believe the alleged debt is statute barred. It would be up to you to introduce the fact or possibility.
                    After all, you wouldn't expect the Claimant to do it for you & thereby shoot themselves in the foot! (I wonder if that's how Hopalong Cassidy got his name?)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I've just realised I'm an idiot because I've missed the 4pm deadline to send it in today. Does anyone know what will happen now. Will I have to pay the full amount to the claimant? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Point 1 - the date of claim was 19th April? so yes today was technically the deadline. I think you would be extraordinarily unlucky if they applied for a default Judgment at 9 am tomorrow. get the defence written now and submitted this evening or at the latest before the courts open in the morning, you should be fine

- - - Updated - - -

Remember as well, the defence is just the bare bones of the arguments you would address at trial - the full detail would come in the witness statement
                        Use one of the templates in the green box above but remember to add the details you need

Comment

lol thank you so much warwick. I feel a lot better now

Comment

Remember these points
                            On xxxxxx you sent a request under S78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act to the claimant which was received on xxxxxx. To date they have not replied, therefore according to S78(6) the account remains unenforceable.

On xxxxxx you sent a request to the claimants solicitors for inspection of whatever, to date they have not replied

I do not recall receiving a default notice or anything compliant with S87(1) CCA , the claimant is put to strict proof that a compliant default notice was sent

I do not recall receiving any notice of assignment , as such the claimant is put to strict proof that such a notice was lawfully served

It is denied that any assignment was made in accordance with the law of property act and as such it is debnied the claimant is entitled to bring any claim
                            [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Anymore help?

these are just bare bones so fill it out a bit

Comment

Thank you. What's the best file format to email? I'm currently typing in wordpad.
                              Also where it says signed is it ok to just type my name or do I actually need to physically sign it. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Do you have MS word or possibly be able to convert it to PDF

Alternatively, if you want to submit via the MCOL website, write it in wordpad and then paste it in,

If you are doing it as an attachment do not forget to ass the 'statement of truth' at the bottom.

As for a signature I do not know
                                [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]
                                @uncletomcoblyandall :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X