• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bw legal/ lowell

So BW Legal have threatened court action for a debt originally from Shop Direct which was taken out and used by my ex husband in 2012. I never signed anything or had anything to do with it he did it in my name on his computer, and after we split up continued to order goods and have them delivered to where he moved to. Anyway I obviously started getting letters from Lowell as they must of found where I nowlive, which I told him about and he said he'd pay it off but I kept getting letters so he obviusly hadnt paid anything off it. Then I get a letter from BW Legal threatening court action which I again told my ex about. Eventually he got back to me saying to offer them £50 a month and he would give it to me to pay, which I didnt trust he would and didnt see why I should get into a payment agreement for something which was nothing to do with me in the first place. Since all this Ive had court claim form and after looking at threads on here regarding similar issues I decided to submit my defense of them not sending the original credit agreement. I sent the template letter to Lowell requesting these and a letter to BW to say I was requesting this. I received a reply from BW on 03/04/2017 to say they confirm they have received my request for the documentation and that their client, Lowell, may have to refer this to my original creditor, Shop Direct, accordingly the documentation will be forwarded upon receipt. We will seek to ensure that the information you have requested is provided as soon as possible however this is contingient on receiving the documentation from your original creditor. So I was hoping someone could advise on how long they have to produce this and where I stand with regards of them taking me to court. Is there anyone who can help me with this matter please?
    Last edited by Mousey 66; 4th May 2017, 21:48:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Bw legal/ lowell

still awaiting mine from them for very shop direct, been a long time now waiting? mind you in your case as he has used your name to order etc and they have been writing to his address shows he has messed up and your get out card , sure others will comment also?

keep a file on all correspondence, are your trying to cover for him???

Comment

I'm not sure if they did write to his address? But he definitely had goods delivered there. So can they not chase me for this debt??

Comment

ah misread they delivered to his address and invoiced you at yours! if you did not take the account out and he did in your name then he will no doubt klater have a problem? will ask somebody to pop ibn here> @Diana M

Comment

Thankyou Really appreciate all the help I can get with this as I'm so unsure on where to go from here or where I stand with it? My partner suggested I just pay them but I really don't see why I should?

Comment

BW legal / Lowell

Hello. I posted on here 02/05 as I need advice as I'm unsure what to do next. The problem is about a shop direct account my ex husband took out in my name in 2012. He did this on his computer at the time and since we've split up has had goods delivered to where he moved to. I have also moved from where we lived then and I have had letters demanding payment as they found where I am now. He said he would pay it but never has and consequently I've ended up with court papers. So after looking on here I sent the template letter asking for the original credit agreement and put this as my defence to the court. I received a letter back after two weeks dated 04/04 saying they have to get this from shop direct and to allow them time to do this, and they will forward it to me in due course. I just need to know how long they have to send me the OCA and do I have to pay this debt?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: BW legal / Lowell

Hi mousey66

I'll ask our [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] (good afternoon, Kati ) to merge your threads for convenience.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...849#post724849
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello Mousey66

I've received your email and I'll reply over the weekend

Di

Comment

Thankyou both for your replies😊 I look forward to hearing from you

Comment

May I just check that you have already gone online and filed your Acknowledgement of Service ticking the box which says you intend to defend all of the claim?

Di

Comment

Yes I did that about 6 weeks ago when I sent the letters for the OCA.

Comment

Ignore the post which was here a minute ago because I can now see you've already filed your Defence *phew*.

Di

Comment

So after looking on here I sent the template letter asking for the original credit agreement ??and put this as my defence to the court.??
                          ####
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Did I do something wrong? I thought I'd done what it said on here about dealing with matters like this.😳

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
                              Did I do something wrong? I thought I'd done what it said on here about dealing with matters like this.
                              If you've filed a defence you should be fine.
                              It would be an advantage to know the exact wording used. (Personal identifiers removed).
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X