• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA Out of Court Settlement Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA Out of Court Settlement Letter

? I too have also received an out of court settlement letter requesing £560!!!! I had sorned my vehicle but unfortunately I had parked it half on my driveway and half on a public path that goes across the bottom of my driveway. I'm in the wrong, I know but I didn't appreciate the nuance of the Law re public highway. But £560 and a threat of a £2500 court fine is OTT to say the least. Ive appealed in writing twice to no avail. Am considering going to court to challenge the OOC settlement at the very least. Any advice greatly appreciated. The last letter has given 3 days to pay.
    Tags: None

Re: DVLA Out of Court Settlement Letter

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

I have just received a letter too demanding £570 for same offence this is after paying £260 to remove wheel clamp, for which I had to sell the car to repay. The car was only worth £400. I know I shouldn't have parked the car on the road I just don't think the fine suits the crime. It was parked outside my new house for a month after transporting it from old house where it was kept on drive. I'd love to know how you are getting on with your current situation.

Comment

Sorry to hear you've been stung too. Unfortunately after 3 attempts to get them to rescind the offer or even reduce it, I got too stressed out to go to court and ended up paying the OoC settlement figure. I could only go to court pleading guilty and hope the mag reduced the fine - but I couldn't chance it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X