• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Help? Do I need to apply to the court to have it struck out? If so when do i do this and how? Thanks people

Comment

Usually with this type of claim, the court will send a copy of your submitted defence to the claimant who will usually then be given 28 days in which to reply to your defence. If so, & the claimant does not reply, the claim is normally stayed.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Little update.. No letter from the court or anyone regarding this. I work it out to be 8 more days until it is stayed? Fingers crossed.

Comment

Can anyone help please? I still haven't heard anything back and I work out that 6 days ago it should have been stayed. How long does it need to be before I can have it struck out? Thanks for any help

Comment

do not rush it takes time., even before you ask for a strike out, afraid too muvch haste may get them to find what they need quickly, ring the court and ask if stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              do not rush it takes time., even before you ask for a strike out, afraid too muvch haste may get them to find what they need quickly, ring the court and ask if stayed.
              Thanks for the help, I will ring them in the next few days and see what they say.

Comment

I received a letter from Lowell today. I will upload attachments. I presume i am not supposed to fill anything in unless its from the court? Thanks for any help
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kati; 1st July 2017, 15:11:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Funnyman21 View Post
                  I received a letter from Lowell today. I will upload attachments. I presume i am not supposed to fill anything in unless its from the court?
                  Lowells have not sent you any form to complete - they've sent you a copy of their completed Directions Questionnaire which they have (presumably) filed at court. They are required to serve a copy on you.

The next stage should be the court will send you a DQ to complete and file by the date which they stipulate in the covering letter.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                    Lowells have not sent you any form to complete - they've sent you a copy of their completed Directions Questionnaire which they have (presumably) filed at court. They are required to serve a copy on you.

The next stage should be the court will send you a DQ to complete and file by the date which they stipulate in the covering letter.

Di
                    Thanks Di, I did believe that it would have been stayed now after all this time? Could you, or anyone please explain why this wasn't the case? Ive learnt a lot on this forum and appreciate all the help I get, so thanks everyone!

Comment

There are all kinds of reasons for delays in the case.

For instance, in one case that I am aware of, the court has misplaced the file (it was in transit between 2 offices).
                      The usual reason is that there is a backlog & it is taking ages to process the paperwork.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks, I'll wait to hear from the court.

Comment

So i got this letter from the court today, its the small claims track letter. I'm unsure what to do by this point but i guess this is where i have my say that they didn't provide me with the documents i requested? Thanks for any help
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help with this? Do I tick 'I agree to the case being referred to the small claims mediation service' in my case? And I also tick the next page that says I agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track? And I don't have any professional evidence or witnesses am I right? Any help getting this filled out would be a huge help so if you have any info please would you share it with me. Thankyou

Comment

witness is 1 yourself

aways agree to mediation - shows willing not to waste courts time if things settled there

under £10.000 claims always small claims

Comment

Thanks for that MIKE770, will have a go at filling it in tonight.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X