• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letting Agency issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting Agency issue

Good Afternoon,

Any advise would be appreciated.

I signed an 18 months contract with Haart (letting agency), they affirmed that I could 'break' the contract after 9 months if needed (that was verbal agreed, but turns out it wasn't stated in the contract... )

Beginning of Feb. (that was 10 months passed), I sent them an email asking when I could leave the house, and they replied me that I could leave after April... so I went on and bought a house.

Then, when I sent Haart an email affirming that I would break the contract, they said I'm still reliable to pay the rent until the end of contract.
    Contacting the landlord, he authorized me to leave earlier without being obligated to pay rent after leaving.

Haart didn't like the fact that I was speaking to the landlord and started threatening him saying that he was breaking the contract... (the landlord lives out of the country)
    Because of theses threats, the landlord never gave me a written authorization.

Haart requested ME to pay a fee for them to be able to publish the house online to try to find another tenant... I paid the fee they wanted and I can prove it, but they say they haven't received it.

There's another problem with the sink from the kitchen leaking really bad, which is actually increasing my water bill significantly... I've requested Haart to fix it several times.
    They said they would send someone to fix it, after me reminding them about it a few times, they decided to say the landlord will fix it for me (reminding that the landlord lives out of the country), plus I spoke to him about it and he said he is paying Haart a great amount of money and they are responsible for fixing any problem I have with the house.
    Haart says the landlord will contact me to solve this leaking issue. (right after advising me that I should stop talking to the landlord)

After all, the landlord blocked me from what's app (that is the only way he can ever contact me due to him living abroad), I know he did it due to Haart threatening him as well.

I know that I'm not getting anything done if I keep waiting on Haart to do something, it's been 3 months already and they are unable to do their own job, what can I do next?
    Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Letting Agency issue

What does the terms of your contract say about notice period.

Can you posty up a redacted copy
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hi Crazy Council,

Thank you for your reply.

I've added a copy of the contract here: http://imgur.com/a/8HITs

Please, note that it has nothing about notice period or anything, that was something they said it had, but I made a mistake not noticing that it didn't exist a clause for it in the contract.

I do have all the emails though, including the one they sent me saying that I could leave the property after april... which then, changed after I buy a house....
      Now my big problem is that I wont be able to keep up with my mortgage plus a rent =/

Comment

hi

i will go through it this weekend, let you know what i think it say or whats enforcable
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thank you a lor for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X