• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with a N1claim form from Bryan Carter & Co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a N1claim form from Bryan Carter & Co

Hi guys, I would appreciate any help regarding an N1 claim from, sent by Bryan Carter (he seems very popular) on behalf of Lowell Portfolio Limited.
    I believe this to be in regard to an old Capitol One card account. I will stick my hand up and admit that I defaulted, due to excessive charging by Capitol One.
    Now I know that no matter the charges defaulting was not clever, but we learn from our mistakes .
    The POC;
    The claimant claims 180, such sum being part of a debt due under agreement number xxxx ('' the agreement'') whereby the defendant agreed to pay the claimant 720 (''the debt'').

For the avoidance of doubt in making this claim for a part of the debt the claimant does not waive any rights as to the balance of the debt, which the defendant continues to owe the claimant under the agreement. The claimant reserves the right to make further claim for such sums of the debt as remain outstanding.

I have prepared a CPR based on previous post by Curlyben (in WendyB's thread) to send to Bryan:

In the NORTHAMPTON (CCBC) County Court
    Claimant -v- Defendant
    Claim Number: xxxx

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES
    Dear BRYAN CARTER & CO SOLICITORS,

I have received the Court claim filed by your Company. To enable me to file a defence and counter-claim, I require specific information regarding the account to be provided forthwith. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below. The information must be furnished within ten days of receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.
    2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:
    a. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to it the account.
    b. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor.
    c. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with CAPITOL ONE.
    d. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.
    e. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).
    f. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.
    g. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.
    h. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.
    i. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998
    j. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.
    4. A copy of your complaints procedure, as required by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

5. Clarification of the date you acquired the debt, what organisation you acquired it from, their registered office, their company number (if any) and what legal title they had to this debt, and what credit license number they had at the time that the debt was purchased or entered into.

I will require this information within the next ten days. I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.

Yours Faithfully,

Defendant.

Any further advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Re: Help with a N1 from Bryan Carter & Co

Sounds like a plan, and a pretty identical POC to Wendys claim....good work.

One small thing - its Capital One

I'd follow pretty much the line that WendyB took as the amounts etc are very similar - do keep this thread updated incase of any differences

Have you Acknlowledged the claim in the courts ?

Welcome to Beagles
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Amethyst, was quite sleepy when I wrote that.
      Was going to Acknowledge the claim tomorrow morning on moneyclaim.gov.uk.
      Yeah WendyB's claim looked pretty much the same, so hopefully similar result .

Comment

Fingers crossed. You'll most likely get to defence filing stage so work on that while you wait for your non reply to the part 18.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I see Mr C is up to his old carp as ever.
          PLEASE file reports with LCS: Legal Complaints Service home and Solicitors Regulation Authority - Protecting consumers of legal services as these actions are illegal and the proper authorities must be informed.

Just out of interest, what was the limit on this card, as Cap1 are really straightforward to reclaim from.
          They frequently repay all charges, purchase interest and fees.
          Would this wipe out the debt ?!

Comment

Well I'll get around to filling a report with the LCS & SRA tomorrow, I see where you coming from Curlyben, maybe about time to Get Carter (sorry bad pun ) and put him in his place.
            I believe the original credit limit on the Cap1 card was £200, the rest is just inflated charges/fees they added on. As for talking with Cap1, I'll give it a go tomorrow see what they say.

Comment

No point talking to Crap One, they'll just give you the party line. Send them an SAR if you haven't got your statements, add up the charges, send Prelim, then LBA, then file at court, then get your charges back. Easy! They usually pay up all charges, purchase interest and 8% stat interest. Up to you if you decide to go for Contractual. If you want the default removing you can do that as well, but include it from the beginning and stick with it. Although if its ages ago the default might already be about to drop off your credit file.
              Is no longer here

Comment

FWIW

Unless they have changed the CPR you have to make it clear upfront that you are making a formal request under CPR 18 (i think it is).

In the CPR there is guidance on the correct format but it used to make it very clear the info you must include for it to be valid.

Whilst a court may take a lenient view as you are a LIP it does not have to and the other side will make hay if they have the opportunity when it comes down to the details.

JMHO

Glenn
                Last edited by Glenn UK2; 22nd July 2008, 11:35:AM.

Comment

Thanks for that Glenn.
                  As a LIP (Litigant In Person) the courts are indeed lenient, especially when it comes to filed claims.
                  As for the claimant taking this opportunity to be difficult, well this is Mr C we are talking about here.
                  "He" likes to flout the County Court Act whenever he files claims of this nature.
                  Spliting causes of action in this manner is a great big NoNo !!

Comment

Hi Novo

I got no reply to my CPR request. No reply to my reminder to them of my CPR either. But the day after I'd filed my defence (last day possible for filing, of course) I received a discontinuance notice. It was obvious they hadn't actually received my defence when they discontinued. They just take it as far as they can and hope you bottle out. But in the end its Mr C who will bottle it, and scuttle back under his stone.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Sooooooo, when Bryan runs away, can you then claim all the charges back off crap One, get the default removed, and also be safe in the knowledge that no-one, Bryan or othrwise, will be able to bring a claim against you on this due to the fact that Bryan has messed it up by being a greedy little twerp? Looks like a win-win situation to me
                    Last edited by WendyB; 22nd July 2008, 13:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Is no longer here

Comment

You're learning fast there Windy

Comment

are you having trouble with your vowels, Curly?
                        Is no longer here

Comment

maybe

Comment

Hi guys thought I'd give an update, so far I've managed the following today;
                            1. Sent CPR to Bryan, but I changed the heading to Request Under Civil Procedure Rules Part 18, so thanks for the heads up Glenn UK2.
                            2. Acknowledged the claim online through moneyclaim.gov.uk.
                            3. Tried but failed to come to any resolution with Cap1, what they did was to put me on merry-go-round and pass me from one department to the next, in the end just gave up. So WendyB definitely correct in referring to them as Crap1.
                            4. Finally, lodged a complaint against BC with LCS in regard his splitting of claims on the N1 form.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                              Thanks for that Glenn.
                              As a LIP (Litigant In Person) the courts are indeed lenient, especially when it comes to filed claims.
                              Its interesting, when you go to court sand stand in front of the judge and start arguibng the toss over CPR they can stop being the frioendly old bludger helping the poor innocent little LIP.

Ive had several claims go through and had to present information to the court a few times now. At first when they thuink your dumb and stupid theyre very helpful.

When you start showing you have done some research they treat you more or less the same as the other side.

Last time i went was arguing for 45 minutes with the judge (who had made his mind up prior to entering the chambers i think) and a QC representing Abbey.

It was clear the judge was not happy that i was presernting a case rather than appearing meekly before him.

When we start using the CPR and quoting from it, its my experiecne that they take a different line.

Glenn

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X