• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking charge missed POPLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking charge missed POPLA

Hi guys,

Firstly a bit of background:
    I live in a flat owned by my Father which includes an allocated parking space and includes a permit. I have the permit and had it on display but it slipped to the bottom of the dashboard and been partially obscured for a couple of days.

The registered address for my car is my family home.
    I have just received a message from my Mother advising that MET parking have sent a letter dated 24th April telling me I have missed the chance to appeal via POPLA and they are demanding £100.

As it turns out they sent out a initial letter around 20th March which had not been forwarded or opened so I wasn't aware of any issue. Also there was no PCN attached to my windscreen.

What can I do now that I've missed POPLA?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking charge missed POPLA

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Check the code. I gather 30/31 days is the actual cutoff.

Aside from that, gather evidence (timestamped photos, lease) then wait and see if they do court.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html As of now they don't, yet.

M1

Comment

So you now get out the lease of your father's flat and see what it says about parking. Basically there is a space possibly belonging to the flat. No requirement in the lease to display a permit. MET can't unilaterally change the content of the lease. You may want to read what the parking prankster says about residential parking.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

I don't even have a POPLA code yet as I've only just found out about the charge. I haven't even managed logged an appeal with the operator yet!

Having previously looked through the lease there is no mention of requirement for a permit for the space which is included with the flat.

Presumably I should still appeal on their website??

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X