• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - possible Statue Barred (Scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - possible Statue Barred (Scotland)

Hi, for the past few months (possibly even a year) my Husband has been receiving letters from Lowell.

We had taken out finance on behalf of my mum (stupid i know, but we were young and very naive), and she apparently just decided to stop paying the monthly amount, this then led to the account being marked as defaulted on 17th April 2012.

We have recently received a Pre Assessment letter from Lowell which is making me think they are going to start court action against my Husband. I believe the debt could be Statue Barred - but how do i go about proving it? I don't want to make the mistake of contacting the company and the debt isnt barred and they have evidence to back this up.

My Husband is sure he has received calls from them over the past few years but has either not answered them or acknowledge the debt, anyway i believe you need to acknowledge the debt in writing for it to count - is this true?

Also, on his credit file the default date is marked as April, but it doesnt start showing the default 'icon' until July. However, there are no icons before this date showing paid/late payment etc.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense - we have never had to deal with anything like this before so its all a bit new and confusing.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X