• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed

Originally posted by paulaw2212 View Post
    in answer to your other questions - I just replied to the court form and Shoosmiths LLP Solicitors have now contacted me.
    So you filed your Defence, possibly online, stating that there was a CCA Request which had not been complied with. Did you say anything else (in your Defence)?

If you have never sent a CPR 31.14 Request then maybe now is the time to do it. This forum has a template to guide you here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...382#post410382

(I'm assuming from your last post that you've not done that already.)

Di

Comment

Hi Di - you are correct - I returned the claim form with the defence that I had not received the information requested. The court confirmed my letter and said the claimant had 30 days to provide the information otherwise the case would be closed and would need to be reopened.

Shoosmiths have now written to me wanting a reply by the 2nd of May.

I will look into the CPR request you mention above.

Thanks
      Paula

Comment

Paula, was this a Littlewoods catalogue account or an Additions account originally ? Apologies if you've already said.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It was a Shop Direct Limited - brand Additions.

Regards Paula

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I may be confused - the summary letter from Shoosmiths says I entered into a credit agreement with shop direct limited, branded as Very. But the account summary says shop direct group with Additions!

Maybe I'm just getting confused

Comment

Very didn't come into being until 2009, I believe Additions accounts became Very all under the Shop Direct header. If it had been Littlewoods there might have been an issue as that was Nov 2005 when Shop Direct & Littlewoods joined up. Its understandable them stating now you entered an agreement with Very as it was Very at the time of default in 2010, and now. The actual agreement doesn't specify a brand.

Also an issue as to when Shop Direct became Shop Direct Financial Services Ltd as I recall. It is tricky to untangle via Co House, but we do have some info around about the place somewhere, I'll try dig it out. I think yours is a bit too late though ( particularly if Feb 2006)

I find it odd your CCA is dated May 05 yet the solicitor states the account opened in Feb 06 - I guess May 05 could be the version of the CCA date. Do the statements and that that they sent you back up the Feb 06 date ?

Another issue with lots of these Additions ( and littlewoods ) accounts is that they didn't get an agreement signed before giving you the credit or the goods - they tended to send the credit agreement in with the first delivery and ask you to sign and return it - hardly anyone ever bothered so executed CCA's just don't exist. However 2005 it would have been possible to order and enter into an agreement online, I'm not sure exactly when they started doing the agreements online and I don't suppose you'd recall from over 10 years ago.

Just mithering really - I don't know whether a new agreement would have been necessary as it was basically a change in trading as name not overall company - [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; will know whether anything is worth looking further in to.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Shoosmiths have now written to me wanting a reply by the 2nd of May.

I will look into the CPR request you mention above.
              In which case the CPR 31.14 Request can be your reply to them can't it

Am I being silly, but I can't see the name of the Claimant on your thread?

Can you post up (type out) the Particulars of Claim to see what they're claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

The claim form lists claimant as Capquest investments LTD with Shoosmiths as the address for sending documents and payments.

The form says the monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the defendant and Shop Direct Ltd and assigned to the claimant on 01.07.2012, notice of which has been provided to the defendant.

Thanks
                Paula

Comment

The claim form lists claimant as Capquest investments LTD with Shoosmiths as the address for sending documents and payments.

The form says the monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the defendant and Shop Direct Ltd and assigned to the claimant on 01.07.2012, notice of which has been provided to the defendant.
                  That's interesting because according to the FCA Register their licence lapsed in 2015

Basic details

Capquest Investments Limited
                  Lapsed
                  27 Rye Close
                  FLEET
                  Hampshire GU51 2QQ
                  Fleet 27 Rye Close
                  FLEET
                  Hampshire GU51 2QQ
                  Steven Greenwood
                  sgreenwood@arrowglobal.net
                  Di

Comment

Hi Di - when I wrote to them in 2013 requesting information they replied saying they had asked Shop Direct for it and they would be contacting me again in 28 days. This letter has their address as GU51 as per the link you sent above.

The copy of their reply which I never teceived from them but which Shoosmiths have now sent me a copy of is a letter on plain not headed paper and with no address or contact details.

The address on the claim form is an address in Mancester.

I am very confused!

Thanks
                    Paula

Comment

So I sent the CPR request to Shoosmiths and they have come back with the standard response - they have also enclosed again all the documents which were with the original claims (and copies of which are shown earlier on this thread). I am not sure where I go from here - there is no signed credit agreement that they can send me and the letter which they claimed to have sent to me in 2013 is on plain not headed paper from Capquest.

Can anyone please help?

Comment

Can anyone help with the above? Thanks Paula
                        Last edited by paulaw2212; 22nd May 2017, 10:19:AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X