• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj from arrow globa/restons, last payment 10/2010, default date 07/11 statue barred?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj from arrow globa/restons, last payment 10/2010, default date 07/11 statue barred?

Hello guys I have been reading this forum and I am after some help in how to respond to a CCJ that I received 05/04/2017 I have requested extra time with AOS to defend but want to know how to go about it.

Initially I took out a credit card with Vanquis in 04/2009 I lost my job in October 2010 and stopped making payments after that month within a few months I was being chased up by various DCAs but did not acknowledge the debt in writing or make any payments after October 2010. I received a letter from restons dated the 17th of march ( although it didn't arrive until the 25th) threatening further action. This came as a little bit of a surprise as I haven't heard anything about this debt for several years. I contacted Restons and said I didn't think this debt was active as The last payment I made was well over six years ago. But they said it was still active as the default date was in July 2011. I asked them for further information and they said I needed to submit it in writing as it had gone to the legal stage

Should I request a signed CCA or a cpr request would asking for a CCA be an acknowledgement in writing of the debt.

Any help would be greatly received many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Ccj from arrow globa/restons, last payment 10/2010, default date 07/11 statue bar

This forum has template letters to get you started with your claim which you can find here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim

After you've read that you can ask any questions you want answering on your thread

Di

Comment

Re: Ccj from arrow globa/restons, last payment 10/2010, default date 07/11 statue bar

Thanks Diana, from what I have read statue barred time starts from the most recent of these three

1.) A letter in writing from me saying that I acknowledge the debt-I have never sent A letter, all correspondence has been on t correspondence has been on the phone he phone

2.) when the last payment was made-this was October 2010

3.) The earliest date the creditor could have started court action to recover the debt - this is the bit I don't really know from what I have read most agreements are enforcible after 2 missed payments so this would of been in December 2016 but I understand different agreements varie on this how do I find out when this would apply for my Vanquis cc agreement, I have read the terms and conditions but couldn't see anything relating to when they would commence court proceedings of the missed payments

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X