• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Using Cheques in shops.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Cheques in shops.

May sound like an odd question, but do ANY shops still accept guaranteed cheques.

I know all of the supermarkets have stopped, so what's left, if anything ?

Re: Using Cheques in shops.

Not sure about other shops but all the petrol stations round here have stopped accepting them.

SLxx
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Well Tesco was the last to stop taking cheques last year.
      Even our local Co-op doesn't any more.

I must admit it does seem rather odd, as the funds are guaranteed, unless they simply don't want the hassle of banking them.

Comment

Asda used to take ages to bother banking their cheques, which got us in a right pickle with bank charges:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

its a bummer really. When you're skint a few days before payday writing a cheque out that you know won't go through till after the wages are in was always a good way of putting food on the table, or fuel in the car. Now i just have to go hungry and walk everywhere sob sob
          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
            its a bummer really. When you're skint a few days before payday writing a cheque out that you know won't go through till after the wages are in was always a good way of putting food on the table, or fuel in the car. Now i just have to go hungry and walk everywhere sob sob
            Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Lol aye agree with you there.....it is actually illegal to do that you know

(cue loads of legal jargonny faff about why it may or may not be illegal )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Come on then Ame, put your quotes where your fingers are.
                You can't type that without SOLID proof.

Comment

lol maybe later when I am realllllllllllllly bored....
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

years back I was told by a bank worker that even a guaranteed cheque can bounce if there is no money in the account. It only guarantees that the cheque cant be stopped. But im sure a banker on here can tell us if this is correct.

Comment

I had a guaranteed cheque bounce only the other week!!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting stuff.
                        So Ame we're still waiting

Comment

Looks like what I was told is true then Kim. Sorry you lost out though. Hope you get it sorted and then wont be so skintkim

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                            Interesting stuff.
                            So Ame we're still waiting
                            mmmm there was a hugeeeeeee long thread on CAG about it - sometime in 2006 lol so very current naturally.

''A cheque will let you make a payment without having to hand over cash. In order to write a cheque, you must have enough money in your account to cover the value of the item you are buying. It is illegal to write a cheque when there are insufficient funds in your account.''
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Errrr yeah, but were is this actually written.
                              Come on chapter and verse please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X