• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 21 & Section 8 Possession Notice Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Section 21 & Section 8 Possession Notice Received

Wow...it seems like you are getting alot of the right advice. As i said...i wud hv to read from the beginning before i cud advise. But evryone seems to be sayin what id say. Youve probably been told that if your deposit has not been protected your ll wud hv to compensate you x4 aswell as sec 21 being invalid. Other things like "how to rent" pamphlet, gas & electric certs shud hv been given to you. But it only buys u time until he refile it.
    As for the sec 8...rent arrears over 8 weeks is mandatory...he wud add grounds 10,11 incase you get past ground 8. You cud check and c if there are any mistakes in the paper work, or he listed the wrong amount of arrears. Even wrong by a day is enuf to make it invalid. But those are things not likely to be taken seriously. As earlier person said...best you go in and tell the truth, offer a payment plan etc and just show good character. When my ll tried to evict me when i held back rent...his dishonest was his downfall. Im sure he wishes he never ever met me!

Comment

Re: Section 21 & Section 8 Possession Notice Received

Originally posted by Kiwi2016 View Post
      I'm aware high court bailiffs can come without giving notice, so I need to work out my maximum time left between the end of the month and the possession order being issued by the judge for the high court enforcement bailiffs.
      Bailiffs cannot evict you without you being given notice in writing!

They need a Warrant first and you can apply to suspend that Warrant if you have good reason.

Even if the Landlord is granted possession at the hearing you can ask for an extension of 42 days (max) before eviction can take place (it'll be written into the Order).

Have you complained about any repairs etc which could enable you to defend any possession proceedings issued on the basis of "Revenge Eviction" also known as "Retaliatory Eviction" if your tenancy agreement started after October 2015? You've not been issued with proceedings yet.

Here > https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...sk_for_repairs

If you are repossessed or evicted because of rent arrears the Local Authority may refuse to rehouse you as arrears are seen as making yourself "Intentionally Homeless". (Unless children are involved.)

Would you like help to prevent possession proceedings or are you ready to move on with your life so only want to know how long the process takes?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X