• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TANZARELLI V's DEBT MANAGERS LTD (& NPOWER LTD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANZARELLI V's DEBT MANAGERS LTD (& NPOWER LTD)

28th June 2008

Recently switched from npower to British Gas and at the time was on a pre payment meter with a card meaning if there was no prepaid credit on meter for gas or electric we had to purchase more or use the £5 emegency credit which was repaid when next top etc.

When we switched British Gas were to supply a meter reading to npower to end the account. British Gas sent them an estimated reading which was wrong and this meant that npower say we owe them £80.21 LMFAO a physical imposibility as we were on a pre-payment meter FFS or so I thought. The account has now been passed onto Debt Managers Ltd.

I contacted npower on around 15th May following one of their threat letters and told them I owed the jack and even gave them the correct meter reading at the time an they said they needed it from British Gas so when they recieved it from them they would amend the account details.

Just phoned npower and said I dipute this debt as I paid up front for electricity and when this was used up either used emergency credit (£5) or paid for more elcetricity using the smartcard. If emergency credit was used it was collected back from the money put onto card.

They resonded by saying among other things "we have had problems with meters not charging correctly and this meant units were charged wrongly. We will investigate this and put a hold on the account which will recall the account from the Debt Collection Agency and it will be returned to us here."

My response to this was "well if the equipment you were using was sub-standard and didn't work properly they thats not my fault and I suggest you sort out your problems with your equipment. I am not paying for your mistakes that the whole point of a pre-payment meter isn't it?"

She then said that "npower is now switching meters to newer better meters."

I told her to little too late as far as I am concerned. I am going to be contacting energywatch http://www.energywatch.org.uk and make a formal complaint about this. After loosing my rag with her for a bit I told her "I hope your recording the telephone conversation as I will be requesting it under the DPA and will be sending you a Subject Access Request.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    28th June 2008

Just done an online complaint with energywatch
    30th June 2008

Energywatch letter recieved as a word doc attachment via email today:

30 June 2008 Ref: 1679195 / Mark Allen

Dear Mr TANZARELLI

Thank you for details of the problems you have experienced with npower.

I have written to the company asking them to investigate your complaint and to contact you direct in order to resolve the issue. I have asked that they do so within ten working days.

As part of the proposals to modify complaint handling in the energy industry, the Energy Ombudsman (EO) has been set up to resolve outstanding disputes. Providing you have progressed the matter through the energy supplier’s complaints process, you can submit your complaint direct to the EO, which is a free and independent service to all consumers.

I should add that the EO has the authority to determine the resolution to your complaint, which would be binding on the energy supplier. Furthermore the energy supplier would be required to respond to the EO within a prescribed timeframe that would ensure you receive a timely outcome to your complaint.

Should you fail to receive a satisfactory response from your supplier within the next ten working days I suggest that the next course of action is for you to take your complaint direct to the EO who can investigate it for you.

There are a number of ways that you can take your complaint to the EO:

By post to:

Energy Ombudsman
    PO Box 966
    Warrington
    WA4 9DF

Or by (see overleaf):

Telephone: 0845 055 0760 or 01925 530263
    Fax: 0845 055 0765 or 01925 530264
    Textphone: 180010845 051 1513 or 18001 01925 430886
    email: enquiries@energy-ombudsman.org.uk

The Ombudsman will check to see that your complaint falls within its jurisdiction and will write to you confirming this, and seek your permission to independently investigate your complaint.

However, please let me know if you feel I can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely

Mark Allen Ext 519
    Consumer Adviser
    0845 906 0708
    southern.enquiries@energywatch.org.uk
    30th June 2008

Right as an update. Online form done saturday and energywatch reply emailed to me today. Partner had a call from Npower this evening when I was at work and the women gave my OH a freephone number for me to call them back 08003161492 as well as an extention number.

Well that didn't take long did it following energywatch involvement. Not had chance to ring them yet will do it in the morning.
    1st July 2008

Just had a call from npower who offered to knock £40 off the outstanding bill (their fault) of £80.21 leaving a balance of £40.21 to pay.

Had another deep debate about htis with their complaints dept and said I was still not happy and so will now be refering the matter to the EO (Energy Ombudsman).

I am not backing down on this as its their fault for nt having adequate equipment in place which they have admitted was faulty on two sperate occassions now.

Grrrrrr
    12th July 2008

Right had another letter from Debt Managers Ltd re this npower mistake which I am refusing to pay. I had not got around to complaining to the Energy Ombudsman until I recieved the new letter from DM. They are still asking for the full amount of £80.21 even though npower had offered to reduce the debt by £40. Thi soffer was however not accepted by myself and npower were told that I would be contacting the EO.

As far as I am concerned the account is still in dispute and so I today filed a complaint with the EO and have a reference number for this complaint.

I have knocked up the following letter to DM to get them to back off until we have an outcome from the EO. It reads:

Debt Managers Ltd
    12 Hope Street,
    Edinburgh
    EH24DB

12th July 2008

Re: Npower Ltd
    Your Client Reference: 486479**
    Your Ref: 44748***

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for you letter of 7 July 2008 the contents of which have been duly noted.

As you will be fully aware from my previous telephone conversations to yourselves and that due to the fact that Npower also put a freeze on the account until this matter was resolved, I fully dispute the amount owed.

On the 28th June 2008 I complained to Energywatch who acknowledged my complaint on 30th June 2008 stating that they were writing to Npower to ask them to investigate. On 1st July I had a phone call from Npower who offered to reduce the debt by £40 leaving £40.21 allegedly still owing. As you will no doubt have been informed I have declined their pathetic offer and will now only be happy if the debt is totally wiped and that I am reimbursed for the actual losses I have suffered as a direct result of Npowers’ incompetence. At the end of this telephone conversation I informed Npower that I was still not happy and that I would now be forwarding my complaint to the Energy Ombudsman, which is my right, therefore today I have lodged an online complaint with the Energy Ombudsman.

I do not expect to receive any further correspondence from you in regards to this matter unless you wish to apologise for mistakenly believing that you can collect a debt when it is being disputed. I suggest you re-read the following guidance from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) as you are now in breach of the OFT664 Debt Collection Guidance (July 2003).

In this guidance it states:

False representation of authority and/or legal position

2.3 Those contacting debtors must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their authority and/or the correct legal position.

2.4 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. falsely implying or claiming authority,

b. falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally
    cannot,

Physical/psychological harassment

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are
    disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

i. failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is
    queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or
    disputed debt.

In addition to this I believe Npower is also in breach of:

2.8 (2)

f. passing on debtor details to debt management companies without the
    debtors' informed prior consent.

I must make you fully aware that any legal action you choose to take will be both vigorously defended and may even result in a counterclaim for damages as your client has already admitted to this being a mistake.

May I also point out that I have also requested from Npower a breakdown of this alleged debt which they have not provided me with. Please note that this breakdown needs to be in an understandable format as may be needed for any defence and or counterclaim I may consider.

Please now also see the attached CPR request and give this your full attention as you have now threatened legal action.

I trust this clarifies my position.

TANZARELLI
    Sent with this:

Debt Managers Ltd
    12 Hope Street,
    Edinburgh
    EH24DB

12th July 2008

WARNING:

THIS IS A REQUEST UNDER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES.
    PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE.

Client: Npower Ltd
    Client Ref: 486479**
    Your Ref: 44748***

Alleged Amount Due: £80.21

In your recent letter dated of 7 July 2008 you have indicated that "your failure to respond to previous letters has resulted in your account being passed to this department for Court Action and our Solicitors may prepare Court Papers within seven days." should I not respond to your letter and pay the alleged debt which I must point out I do not acknowledge in any way to your company.

Should you not take the sensible option and abide by my instructions as outlined in my other enclosed communications, then your notice will be drawn to this part.

Given that this matter is now subject to a potential legal proceeding, you are obliged to provide, under the Civil Procedures Rules, information to ensure that all parties are on an equal footing, and also to ensure the claim is dealt with expediently and fairly, avoiding an unnecessary burden to the court's resources.

Under the Pre-action Practice Directions - Protocols 4.6 of the Civil Procedures Rules, I request that you supply copies of the following documents:

1) A true copy of any contract with your client and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time this alleged debt arose and at the time the account was opened.

2) All records Debt Managers Ltd hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to;

a) Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations.

3) All records your client Npower Ltd hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to;

a) A transcript of all transactions relating to the pre payment meter which was in place at my address during the time I was with Npower Ltd, including any service charges, fees, payments and credits which I made to the account and a breakdown in an understandable format of how the electricity was charged to the meter,

b) Information as to how the alleged debt has arisen and copies of any letters that were sent to me informing me that there was a problem with the account and that the equipment was making mistakes,

c) Copies of account statements that were sent to me by Npower Ltd for the entire duration of the account,

d) Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations.

e) True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you sent to me or that the original creditor sent to me with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

f) Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

g) A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.

h) A list of third party agencies to which you or your client have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

This information is required within the next fourteen days.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to deny me the opportunity to review my position in relation to your claim of alleged money owed and any possible counter-claim.

Please note that, as you have initiated this action, failure to respond to this letter will place this account further into a clear legal dispute and as such you may not:

1) demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

2) add any further interest or charges to the account.

3) pass/sell the account or outstanding balance to any third party.

4) register any information in respect of the account with any of the credit reference agencies.

Should you ignore any of the above I reserve the right for legal action for redress, and will show the court this letter. I will also report your actions to any authority that I see fit.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours faithfully

TANZARELLI
    Also DM Ltd registered addy is on the letters I had from them in small print. This is where I am sending this letter to 12 Hope Street Edinburgh. There was no postcode so I used royal mail to find it and it came up as:

Davidson Chalmers L L P
    12-16
    Hope Street
    EDINBURGH
    EH2 4DB

So did a google on Davidson Chalmers L L P and came up with:

http://www.chambersandpartners.co.uk/uk ... 9&solbar=1

http://www.davidsonchalmers.com/index.a ... id=1&cnt=1

Just for info.
    18th July 2008

I had the following letter form Debt Manager Ltd today:

15TH July 2008

Mr TANZARELLI,

NOTICE OF PROCEEDING – PURSUANT TO THE COUNTY COURTS ACT, 1984:

Despite our earlier correspondence relating to your debt due to Npower Ltd in the sum of £80.21 in relation to Debt Managers Reference: 44748*** we have not received payment in respect of this debt.

We therefore give notice pursuant to the County Courts Act, 1984, that proceedings to recover this debt, together with Solicitors fees and costs will be instigated immediately in Rotherham County Court.

Details of any judgements obtained in relation to this debt may be supplied to credit referencing organisations and may impede your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Should you wish to avoid this action IMMEDIATE payment of the full outstanding sum of £80.21 should be made payable to Debt Managers Limited and sent to the above address. The reference number 44748*** should be quoted in all correspondence.

Should you have any queries relating to this matter or alternative method of payment, telephone our Recoveries Department on 01709 758494

Client reference : 48647***

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Well now I’m brewing for chat with them so sorted my daughter out a drink stuck on cbeebies and rang them up.

The women I spoke to asked me to confirm the account number then asked for my name which I gave her. She then wanted my DOB to which I said nope your not having that you don’t need it. She said its just to confirm you arm r TANZARELLI to which I said well I am. She said are you the only Mr TANZARELLI at that address and even used my first name (LMFAO no there are two of us here, me and my split personality FFS), yes I am I replied (we have a right one here I thought lol).

She went on to ask if I was calling to make a payment (as if their scary letter had made me have bowl movement and I had decided they had won because of there big scary bold letters and threats), no I said and just paused to wait for her reaction……er……………….so why are you calling? She asked. I explained again that this account was still in dispute asked if she had not received my letter which I had sent to their registered office 12 Hope Street, Edinburgh. No we have not she replied. Well that’s strange because it was sent on 12th July. She said did you send it to PO Box 168, 4 Jamaica Street Edinburgh? No I sent it to your registered office at 12 Hope Street. She said well you should of sent it here. I asked why, is this because there are no people staffing the registered office? She replied well its all inputted onto the system here that’s all. I said well I can send a copy for her info but it will only be 1st class post due to the fact it’s a PO Box and I wouldn’t get a signature so it’s a waste of a £1.

I stated to her that it also contained a CPR request, which requires them to send certain info to me and that if they don’t I would not be on an equal footing and therefore this could be frowned upon by the court.

I then went on to tell her that I had complained to Energywatch who acknowledged my complaint on 30th June and who had written to Npower and requested that they contact me to discuss my complaint. I told her that Npower had agreed to reduce the debt by £40 but I had refused their pathetic offer as I don’t agree to the debt. I then said they had not issued me with a written final response so as far as I am concerned the account remains in dispute. I explained that I had told Npower that I had was going to now take this to the Energy Ombudsman and that funnily enough they had sent me a letter today also asking for more info.

Therefore they should seriously consider holding off any further attempts at enforcement until this matter had been fully resolved.

I then thought I would have some fun so asked her the following:

Do you own this debt? No we don’t.
    Are you a Solicitor? No we are a DCA.

So you don’t own the debt and your not a registered firm of solicitors? No we are working on behalf of Npower.

Has this debt been assigned to you? Er we are acting on behalf of Npower.

Well why do you think you can take me to court then if you don’t own the debt and you’re not a firm of solicitors? Also why have you sent me this pathetic letter? Do you think that a letter like this is going to make me pay you, because it will take more than that others may be intimidated by letters like this but I am not.

She said I don’t see what your point is.

I replied, well I suggest you read the OFT’s guidance on debt collection and withhold any further attempts at enforcement until this matter is fully resolved. I then said, here is what I am going to do. I will send copies of my previous letters to you at your PO Box address, I suggest you keep your eyes open for it and take heed of its contents.

I then said I would be in contact with Npower for written confirmation of their final response.

I also then asked her to update her computer screen with this new information and that I didn’t expect any further correspondence from them unless it was to apologise for the fact they were in the wrong.

Muppets
    Well thats where I am at with this one.
    Last edited by TANZARELLI; 19th July 2008, 21:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: TANZARELLI V's DEBT MANAGERS LTD (& NPOWER LTD)

Bloody ell Tanz, how many games of golf have you had to cancel to sort this lot out?
    How many people would have paid up well before now?
    Great stuff, keep us up to date Enaid x

Comment

lol I didn't have to cancel any golf as not played for a while Grrrrrr.

I will however now look at claiming for costs and inconvenience caused due to having to sort out their incompetence.

Comment

Will update this later tonight but there has been a development meaning

a) Debt wiped
        b) Compo coming
        c) Plus another little Brucie Bonus
        d) energywatch not happy with the muppets at npower

Comment

nice one
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Well done tanz, Enaid xx

Comment

Well done interesting thread, don't forget the colorful ending as Would still like to read how you did it

Comment

Well as promised heres an update of todays events lol.

I decided to phone the EO (Energy Ombudsman) to tell them that npower had not provided me with a final response letter but had said over the phone that their final offer was a reduction of the £80.21 disputed debt. The EO suggested that I contacted npower to ask them to send a final response (which was something I was planning on doing anyway but had not had time to do this yet). So I phoned the number for the collections dept and was asked if I was calling to make a payment to which I laughed and said "no but being as I had already complained to energywatch who had told npower to contact me which they did on 1st July, and your laughable offer of a £40 reduction was point blank rejected, I have now escalated the matter to the EO." I requested to be put through to the complaints dept which the guy said he couldn't do. He said he could give me a number which he did. He then said looking at my screen I can see that your electricity debt has been wiped and you no longer owe us any money.

Well my response to this was "well that just about sums up the sort of service which I have had from npower, you have wiped the debt and I have not even been informed that this has happened. When was this wiped?" he said "9th July 2008" I was fuming then as I told him I had had a letter from the DCA they were using attempting to collect and threatening me with court proceedings, so the row began and I explained the DCA had been issued with a CPR request for info and explained what this involved. He then came out with a classic and told me that my Gas account (not the Electricity account which the complaint was about) showed a credit balance of £223.58 and that I would be recieving a refund for this amount LMFAO, "what your telling me that you owe me £223.58 for overcharging me Gas and this is going to be refunded?", "yes" he replied "it will be sent out in the next couple of weeks we are just waiting for the final bill to be issued". I said "right can you confrm this in an email please?" to which he replied "yes I can do a screen print to show both accounts".

I then recieved the following emails from him:

As looking further into your gas account with N.Power have found that your final bill has not been produced. This mean that the credit on your account will not be genuine. Have raised investigation with our pre-payment department to get your final bill produced I am sorry for the inconvience that I have may caused but we are unable to send out the credit due to this. If you have any queries please call the number below
                  Many Thanks
                  Graham Neave
                  Collections
                  Team Valley
                  Gateshead
                  0191 448 2145
                  So after seeing this I think well this looks like he has made a mistake and just put it down to their incompetence, only to then recieve another email from him which read:

Have spoken to our final accounts and have found that your final bill for this acc in genuine and will get refund to you a.s.a.p am sorry for the inconvience that has occurred but have requested your refund as of today
                  Many Thanks
                  Graham Neave
                  Collections
                  Team Valley
                  Gateshead
                  0191 448 2145
                  So it looks like the refund is back on so game on lol.

Anyway in between this I phoned up the complaints dept as I am not happy with the fact they have wiped the debt and not informed me and spoke to a women and again explained the whole thing and then asked why I had not been informed about the debt being wiped and also why it had been wiped. I also informed her that it had caused me considerable time and money to research my rights and also costed me in phone calls and postage to sort out their incompetences. She informed me that when they recieve info about a complaint being logged with energywatch they have to investigate fully where any debt has come from and they couldn't work out where the debt had come from.
                  BINGO!!!!!!!!

She also said that as they couldn't work out where the debt had come from the place a credit on the account which effectively wipes the debt out.
                  Right I said, "sorry but this is simply not good enough a response. I have been hounded for this debt from April until July and have had two seperate DCA's (one in house to npower) try to get me to pay and send me pathetic letters which has caused my partner considerable stress. Also I have had to spend a vast amount of time researching my rights and corresponding in writing and on the phone to yourselves and your DCA's which has caused me a right headache and to be honest is something which has been and inconvenience. I now want compensation for this trouble!!!
                  She repied "what sort of compensation are you looking for?", I replied (as not had time to work it out) "well make me an offer and I will tell you if I am willing to accept it" she said "could I just put you on hold?" "yep" I replied. When she came back she said "well as this complaint has been logged with energywatch we can only award compensation following discussions with them or if they recomend it" well I replied "its now gone above energywatch as I have logged a complaint with the EO and my main reason for this was because of your pathetic offer previously which your now telling me has been wiped and nobody cared to inform me. Right I will phone energywatch and discuss this with them so expect to hear from them shortly". I then asked her to also confirm that the debt had been wiped and the reason for this and she sent me the following email:

Your balance of £80.21 was written off as we were unable to justify where balance had come from.
                  Regards
                  Vivian
                  Vivian Wardle,
                  Complaints Team
                  Tees House,
                  Peterlee,
                  Tel:-0845 0704856
                  e-mail:-vivianwardle@npower.com
                  So next I phone energywatch and speak to the guy who wrote to me previously and explained what had been discussed with npower and he said with regard to the compensation they were talking utter nonsense and that they had no powers to award it it was up to them. At this point he was becoming anooyed with what they had been doing you could sense it. I agreed but stated they had told me any compensation needed to be recomended by them. I explained that I had prob sent the following amount of time sorting this issue out and that it had cause considerable stress to my family so I suggested that if I was to put a claim for costs into the courts their was an agreed hourly rate of £9.25 per hour for time spent on preparing claims so I would be using this rate as the basis of my request for compensation:
                  5 hours spent researching my rights
                  3 hours on the phone
                  2 hours constructing letters
                  Total 10 hours @ £9.25 = £92.50
                  I told him I thought this was a fair amount and that in fact it had prob took me more time on the phones plus ink and postage etc. He said no thats fine and I agree so I will be writing to npower on that basis and will be confirming this with you in writing. I thanked him and said I will await his confirmation.
                  So there we have it. Debt now wiped I have that in writing, the comp should be coming I think they will pay this following energywatches involvement. And I should also be recieving a overcharging refund for my gas account for £223.58
                  Whats the moral of this story concerning npower? Don't pay up straight away if you don't agree with the debt, fight for what you think is right, go for compo and don't be put off by DCA's big bold txt in their letters it means nothing.

Comment

Brill news Tanz. Well done for sticking with it and not letting them win.

Wonder if Npower will reply to the letters i sent them last week? TBH I don't think they know their arses from the elbows lol
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                      Brill news Tanz. Well done for sticking with it and not letting them win.

Wonder if Npower will reply to the letters i sent them last week? TBH I don't think they know their arses from the elbows lol
                      Whats your complaint about with them is it similar?

Comment

Sort of, but not. I do actually owe them money, but Bryan Carter got involved then it all went a bit pear shaped - for them! Its the last few posts on this thread N1 served - SORTED Bryan Carter - Legal Beagles
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Tanz Brilliant ending, my supplier tried to tell me I owed them £60 last year, "no chance" i said " I'm PAYG". They tried telling me it was due to the rise in Gas and them not being able to adjust my meter in time??

I have an idea its more to do with the standing charge were its not paid when no use through summer.

Is it possible with the PAYG meters, they shot them selves in the foot with the standing charge?

Also if they didn't charge so much for the service I would probably use it more. As it is i haven't topped up my Gas meter in 3 months.

I will get some compo next time... the Tanz way

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
                            Tanz Brilliant ending, my supplier tried to tell me I owed them £60 last year, "no chance" i said " I'm PAYG". They tried telling me it was due to the rise in Gas and them not being able to adjust my meter in time??

I have an idea its more to do with the standing charge were its not paid when no use through summer.

Is it possible with the PAYG meters, they shot them selves in the foot with the standing charge?

Also if they didn't charge so much for the service I would probably use it more. As it is i haven't topped up my Gas meter in 3 months.

I will get some compo next time... the Tanz way
                            To be honest I cant get my head around their charges and how many untis = whatever, all I know is that pre-payment should mean pre-payment and do exactly what it says on the tin, that was always my arguement with them. Intitally they had said that due to me changing supplier the reason for the debt was due to British Gas not supplying a true reading when they took over. I supplied them a reading and they then changed tack to say it was the meter not charging the correct amoun and undercharging for electricity. At this point I thought somethings not right here. In the end they said they can't justify the debt or how its arisen. So why tell me two different stories when you can't prove it. I wasn't going to have that.

Glad its sorted and hope others take the same route as this if in similar situation.

Comment

Just thought I would ring Debt Managers to rub their nose in it lol.

I spoke to this bloke who asked for my DOB which again I refused so the dinlo again asked if I was the only Mr TANZARELLI in the house to which I said "yep no cloans here mate" lol.

He said "the account has been passed back to npower for them to resolve the dispute". No ***** sherlock I bet it has lol.

I asked him when the account was passed back to npower and he said 22nd July 08. So I asked why it was passed back and his reply was "diputed accounts are passed back to the client to resolve before we can collect". I then asked him if they recieved my letters the second time they were sent (18th July) and he said it doesn't appear that they had. I think he must have been lying about this but didn't want to appear to be seen as weak and that my letters (courtesy of Ed and Moonhawk with some essential tweaking by myself) had had the desired effect.

He said that when npower had resolved the dispute if they needed to they would pass the account back to us to collect, so I had great pleasure in telling him that he shouldn't hold his breath due to the fact that they had now wiped the debt due to the fact they couldn't justify the debt and that I was now claiming compensation totalling more than the original disputed debt and energywatch is writing to npower on this basis. Oh and it turns out they actually owe me over £200.

He said "thanks for you help".

ROFLMAOPMSL Muppet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X