• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TANZARELLI V's DEBT MANAGERS LTD (& NPOWER LTD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TANZARELLI V's DEBT MANAGERS LTD (& NPOWER LTD)

Also recieved email from energywatch with a letter attachment which reads:

Dear Mr TANZARELLI

I refer to our telephone conversation yesterday afternoon.

As discussed, I have written to npower asking them to either grant your request for £92.50 compensation or issue a deadlock letter so you may go back to the Energy Ombudsman. Please let me know if you do not receive a response within the next ten working days.

Yours sincerely

Mark Allen Ext 519
    Consumer Adviser
    0845 906 0708
    southern.enquiries@energywatch.org.uk

Comment

Just had a letter from DML it reads:

Dear Mr TANZARELLI

Re: N Power
      Acc No: 48647952

In reference to your letter dated 12th July 2008 (which yesterday they had said they hadn’t received LMAO), regarding the above. All of your comments have been noted.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The above account was assigned to Debt Managers Ltd (DML) on 24th June 2008. I can advise that DML were working in good faith under our client, N Power’s instruction, and were unaware of your ongoing dispute with them (even though I had informed them on about 3 separate occasions over the phone that the account was in dispute).

As an agency we work very closely under the guidelines on debt collection practices and ensure we follow these stringently. DML prides itself on compliance, working with organisations such as the CSA and OFT in order to collect ethically and responsibly (LMFAO really).

With regard to your request for a copy of the file note and transcript of telephone calls for the above account, as held by DML, please send a £10.00 cheque or postal order to cover administration costs to the above address, clearly stating this is for a copy of the file notes and transcript of telephone calls (I don’t think they understood that this request was made under the CPR (Civil Procedure Rules) and not the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) therefore no statutory fee applies so I believe).

On receipt of the payment copies will be forwarded to you.

Please be advised that we cannot provide information prior to the account being assigned to ourselves, please contact our Client direct for this information (well if you were planning to take me to court you would have had to provide it to me so this just shows again why you had no right to take me to court).

I can advise you that I have forwarded a copy of your letter to our Client, and I can confirm that we have closed our file and returned the account to them. I can also advise that you will receive no further correspondence from DML regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Ms Shirley Pyper
      Compliance Officer
      Debt Managers Ltd
      Well that that with them. Or is it, shall I write back and explain a few things to them just to put them straight and also state that the information was requested at the time under the CPR and not the DPA therefore it should still be sent to me at their earliest convenience but no later than 14 days. Yes I think I will LOL.

Comment

Cheque received for £223.58 for over payment of GAS. Also had a phone call from the highest complaints dept. They said they don't want to send a deadlock letter and they cant pay compensation however they would offer a gesture of goodwill payment of £50 which tey would send out yesterday with a letter of apology if I would accept this. Due to the fact that I cant be @rsed anymore I have accepted this offer.

So total claim =

£80.21 debt wiped
        £223.58 cheque for over payment of GAS
        £50.00 GOGW for them being muppets

Not a bad result lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X