Thread: The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Collective Investment Schemes) (

• Display

Site Admin

Mentions
    57 Post(s)

Default The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Collective Investment Schemes) (

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Collective Investment Schemes: Does a purchase between family constitute a CIS

Hi I was wondering whether anyone can help. We as a family invested in a property purchase and drafted an agreement (without the advise of a solicitor). However the property suffered a huge drop in value after the property crash. We have been holding onto the property until the value reaches a decent level with a view to sell. We are being sued by family members for the original amount plus interest stating that what we did constituted a collective investment scheme or a loan where we were not qualified to enact. Any views will be appreciated. We have engaged solicitors and counsel who seem to state that we have a good case to defend but would be grateful for feedback as costs we can claim are limited even if we win as its in a county court. Also as the claim collectively is £250K I was wondering whether this exceeded the limit in county courts!

Similar Threads

1. PKea v RCI Financial Services
    By Paule in forum Vehicle Finance and Issues
    Replies: 6
    : 22nd July 2008, 11:06:AM
  2. BBA advises on financial reporting in volatile markets
    By Legal Beagles in forum Press RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    : 11th July 2008, 18:40:PM
  3. Greenhalghs and Creation Financial Services
    By scarletrose in forum Debt Collection Agencies
    Replies: 94