• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

O.h. Capital one credit card charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.h. Capital one credit card charges

Have now sent off a claim to Capital One for credit card charges for O.H. 2017. Failure of which could lead to a PPI claim (although made one claimed years ago) as the spreadsheet would show charges caused the fee already on a spreadsheet in the correct paperwork.

wonder if they will refuse as they did mine? I refused few years back a silly amount they offered (non compounded) just 8%, FOS sided and said sign to accept, I declined their invite to sign that the case sorted! after I brought the subject up again time barred !
    Tags: None

Re: O.h. Capital one credit card charges

no acknowledgement of receipt of credit card charges for O.H. yet from Capital One

Comment

received response from Capital One = we changed our stance on charges not paying out on last 6 years £12.00 default charges also any charges previous to 6 years hard luck statute barred , can complain to Ombudsman here is a leaflet we believe the charges are not unfair or a Penalty. and does reflect the true cost to capital one. they are confident that our default sums are fair, lawful, transparent and consistant with FCA guidelines, there is no obligation on customers to use their card

etc etc etc etc etc

can SAR cost £10.00 - so standard response letter from them as SAR obtained ages ago hence all charges from 2001. they will rigulously defend in any court case etc etc etc

Comment

well on line complaint to the Ombudsman already made

Comment

Your complaint about Capital One Europe plc (Capital One)

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I just want to let you know the financial ombudsman can only consider complaints for the last six years. For this reason, I’ll be looking at the charges applied to your account from April 2011.

My role as an investigator is to give an independent opinion on your complaint. This means I’ll look at all of the information you and Capital One provide and suggest a fair way to sort out the problem.

I’ve asked Capital One for some information about your complaint. Once I receive a response from them, I’ll get in touch with you. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Comment

well ombudsman service just rang and stated only look to 6 years, and as it is £12.00 which we agreed with banks etc no returns, so I pointed "The regulator stated if £12,00 or less then they would not do an investigation? the Banks court case agreed £12.00 she stated , hold on I said Noo the was Bank charges not credit card charges???,,,

also she stated even with the £30 etc prior to 6 years charges O.H. would of signed the agreement in the T&Cs to them = I pointed out in 2001 Capital one T&Cs not present on the back of an envelope,i.e( not present at inception), anyway she stated she will not change her mind on the investigation, also pointed out banking times/clearance was 3 days + 2 days weekend to credit card accounts and that is the problem as we know now credit to them next day (cash Payments) as shown on statements these days, so basically it was the banking system not helping cash payment being credited quicker as no chq clearance. well end of that one.

Comment

Here Endeith the 1st lesson - greater sales of whitewash these days, when they make statements which are not/possibly fact, and big brother "I will not change my mind" should of told her not fit for purpose

Comment

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...er-leaflet.htm

is there a deadline for asking you to step in?

You need to contact us within six months of the date of the business’s response to your complaint.
                And we might not be able to help if:
                • what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago and
                • you complain more than three years after you realise (or could have realised) there’s a problem.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...er-leaflet.htm

is there a deadline for asking you to step in?

You need to contact us within six months of the date of the business’s response to your complaint.
                  And we might not be able to help if:
                  • what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago and
                  • you complain more than three years after you realise (or could have realised) there’s a problem.

full charges from 2001 - up to 2013 and realise by sending complaint recently (Mind you a PPI.charges spreadsheet proper one was sent in 2013 no response) from them! but other events took over to be dealt with- main point is the mis-quotes by that woman on the phone regarding £12.00 agreed with companies also her statement That the Bank charges case stated they were allowed to charge fees and that credit cards was included when I pointed out that is not the case the court dealt with bank charges not credit card, hence her raised voice statement:- I will not change my mind, also on the applicatioin form she stated would show the T&Cs anyway of charges I pointed out not on the back of an envelope as T&Cs were not present at inception - waste of time and space there

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X