• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Towing query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing query

Can anyone help please as I'm posting this on my son's behalf-

Son aged 27 passed his driving test 08.02.10

He wrote - As far as I understand I can tow a maximum weight of 750kg on a trailer with a single axle without brakes & I can tow a car up to 3 tonne with a towing bar only because the car has an operator when being towed.

Now my question is if I'm towing a twin axle trailer that has brakes can I load it over 750kg, also when it comes to caravans you get told a rolling towing weight by the manufacturer of say 739kg 2 berth van but is it's stationary weight without luggage or people going to exceed 750kg.
    My conception of this is the towing weight would be the same as the stationary weight, am I right in this line of thought?
    The laws surrounding towing are a nightmare & I cannot fully wrap my head around them. Any help/ info appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Towing query

https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/what-you-can-tow

Towing with a car - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/what-you-can-tow

If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can: drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass ( MAM ) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM. tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg.

Towing: licence and age requirements - GOV.UK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X