• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dissolved company, redundancy payment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolved company, redundancy payment.

I hope this is in the right place, I have been a director of the company since 2009 and sole director since 2011. From the very beginning things were very difficult and struggled to keep things going. I ended up using all my savings and part of my pension pot to keep things going. In 2015 I received a letter with regards my overdue accounts, simply put I was in arrears with my accountants and had no money coming in so I couldnt meet the deadline. Early 2016 I managed to secure funding to pay the accountants and the penalty for publishing the late accounts, £750. I tried to get things back on track but it became obvious that things were not improving. The support I was getting from the accountants stopped as I could not meet the payments for the latest accounts they had compiled for me.
    I had another letter from Companies House at the end of 2016 saying that the accounts were overdue and as I had been late before the penalty would double to £1,500. This to me was impossible so it went past the deadline day. Shortly after this I received a letter saying that I had 3 months to resolve the issue or the company would be dissolved via compulsory strike off. This was finally confirmed for February 21st 2017.
    I owed very little other than to the accountants,having paid others before myself even when others didnt pay me, which is probably why I have ended up with nothing.

There are a couple of things that are puzzling me,
    1. Do I have to formally resign as a director. Form TM01
    2. Are directors entitled to any redundancy payment.

Best regards

Will
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X