• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Low tyre tread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low tyre tread

Hi wonder if you can help/advise

My daughter was stopped for no reason back in October - and one of her tyres was measured and deemed to be below legal tread limit

She received a single justice procedure notice on 18/03/2017 - which she is only addressing now :0 the day it has to be returned

However on reading this document is seems that there was a fault in the procedure - maybe I'm just misreading it?

This document says section RC86027 states that the tyre needed to be less than 1.6mm throughout a continuous band comprising the central three-quarters of breath of tyre and round the entire circumference of tyre

However, the officer did not check the whole tyre he just turned the wheels out himself and measured one point on the tyre?

She was intending on pleading guilty as she was shaken up about the whole thing she is only 18 - but how can she plead guilty for something that isn't factually correct?

They only give 3 options on this form

Guilty via single justice Procedure - Guilty with court hearing - Not guilty they do not offer an option that says submit plead at

Also, the police witness statement is written by a female officer and she didn't measure the tyre a male officer did? extra info not of any pertinence I don't think?

It a pain because only the week before she had gone and had her tyres checked at a garage and they said she only needed one tyre changing and they changed that tyre.

Thoughts?
    Tags: None

Re: Low tyre tread

Hiand welcome

Most modern tyres have built in tread wear indicators, so checking only one point with a guage and then spining the wheel to check the built in indicators would be sufficient.

It will depend on how exactly that pollce witness statemen is written as to whether or not it is worth disputing the matter, but I would tend to go the easy way and plead Guilty via single justice Procedure .

But get a move on!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X